Usergroups
Done (spoiled)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

As the game wound down I felt the challenge slipping away. For example I defeated two of the apocalyptic templars before getting all the buffs, ore armor, all the bonus strength etc...
Once I had those they were a joke. Around 150 strength, 600 hits etc... So I went from having
to run around like crazy, healing up, throwing fireballs, climbing rocks, to just wading in and slicing them up. I think the power of my character increased by about 50% the last level or so.
Post Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:21 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, there were many potions near end. I prepared my self for final difficult battles, but they did not come.
Post Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:27 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

My interest started to falter somewhat after I had taken the OC ride in chapter 5. The Sleeper seemed to be more of an afterthought after that 'massacre'*. But overall it was the best game I played in years.

*the hard part was keeping people alive but disarmed in the OC which turned out to be exceptionally difficult: as soon as more than 5 people managed to corner me and pummel me with their bare fists, I got a run time error... which was why I was so grateful when Skip intervened on my behalf. He thus kept people from crashing my computer .

Post Mon Mar 04, 2002 8:12 pm
the COOH
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I also felt kind of bad, the first time through I destroyed the OC. Nothing was left alive! I began to feel bad for all the peasants that I wiped out. I decide that there had to be another way. I decided not to lay a hand on anyone, so I used Marvin mode and turned the OC into Jurassic Park. Snappers, razors, shadow beasts, swampsharks...you name it, it was there. I must say, it was quit interesting to get up somewhere high, an just watch!

The AI in this game is remarkable! I remember standing there and watching 3 razors and two snappers hunting in a pack, attack a swampshark and kill it! The scariest thing had to be the razors I inserted. They would locate a victim, say a shadow. They would attack it, but sometimes they wouldn't kill him. He would run off, bleeding. Then they would slowly track him and take him down later. It was REALLY creepy. When I left, most of the peasants were hiding in their hunts.

By the way, I didn’t have to kill Gomez; the beasts took care of him. I will say, he could kill any creature that I inserted. But even he couldn’t do much against the hordes of razors and swapsharks that
Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:34 pm