Enter Chap. 2 or Wait?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Invar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Enter Chap. 2 or Wait?

I've got to the point where I can speak with Lord Hagen and start Chap. 2. Is there any disadvantage to doing this? I have several quests open, will I lose any?
Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:36 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

It's always good to finisch open quests first before taking a big step in the story. However, quests don't vanish when you enter a new chapter.
Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:45 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Think of it this way...the more quests you can complete, the more experience points you can use. Each chapter gets a little tougher, so raising your stats is very helpful. Also, even though you don't lose quests with a chapter change, you DO lose the chance to kill creatures in that chapter....and the exp. you would get from killing them. A creature normally only spawns in the next chapter if you have killed what was there before the chapter change.

There are MANY creatures you will think are too tough to kill in chapter one, but you CAN kill them if you think. I like that about the Gothic series....you can wander into instant death if you are not careful, but you can return and win the fight. Sometimes by simply finding a better/correct weapon, or by raising your stats, or by finding "another" way to defeat the baddie.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:14 pm