View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

Powerful weapon in chapter 1

This is probably a spoiler

First you need 2 bloodfly scrolls. cast one and fly into the orc land. When you are a bloodfly all of the orcs will leave you alone so you can fly into the orc town. Go to the very back and into the last cave there is. Follow the cave round until you come to what appears to be a jail cell. Go back into your human form and press the switch on the wall to lower the gate and inside is the weapon "Revenge Steel" you need 70 STR to use it but it does 92 DMG. To get out again use your other scroll and fly out.
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:26 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Interesting idea. You could also use this to get the Orc Hammer, if the Hellhounds ignore Bloodflies too.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:44 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

Also if you join the new camp and train up to level 10 Lee will let you join the mercanerys and you can train with two handed weapons in chapter 1 aswell.
At the moment i've got a level 16 merc with 70 STR mastered in 2h combat and armed with revenge steel. Nothong can stop me now ha ha ha. Exept a Fire lizard
Post Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:53 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

I would say the best weapon in chapter one is a brand new axe. It does 29 damage for only 12 strength points. You can find one in the sect camp smithy.

Btw, how does one get 70 strength points in the first chapter? Just curious...
Post Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:18 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

you have to train up to abou t level 16 complete horatios quest to get +5 str and wear whatever rings you can find that boost STR. If you fight skeleton mages then you get 5 summon skeleton scrolls which is 4000EXP pints + the 500 from the mage. The go into the orc land and kill asmany dogs as possible. But the axe is a mighty weapon.
Post Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:30 pm
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

I still think for all practical purpose, light cross bow is still the best weapon in chapter 1 because you can kill most creatures in the land from a safe distance. If you don't mind spending time doing hit and run, you can kill everything that you can damage with a light cross bow.

If you attack snapper with a melee weapon, you will get eaten alive since you don't have proper armour in chapter one.
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:52 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by Graham 2
you have to train up to abou t level 16 complete horatios quest to get +5 str and wear whatever rings you can find that boost STR.
All that in chapter one?
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:21 am
Backside
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You can also get into Old Camp castle area (run trough the guards, and hide somewhere) and in the mid-nights sneak into Stone's blacksmith. Than open the box and you will found there 3 old 2H swords (they're very valuable) and some rubish like short sword 20dmg.
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:40 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Joeman

If you attack snapper with a melee weapon, you will get eaten alive since you don't have proper armour in chapter one.

If you lure them out one at a time you can kill them, just keep swinging fanaticly untill it's dead, hope it doesn't hit you and save it after every kill. It is do-able. You can do this with almost all the creatures to get on higher levels earlier on. The hardest thing i've killed in ch 1 would be an orc warrior.
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:18 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Do you want a crossbow from the begginig of chapter 1?
If yes then you have to find the Shadow named Packo.
Packo is guarding the second entrance to the Orc Land.
Go inside the Orck Land fron that entrance and make some wargs(orc dogs)
to hunt you .Lead them to Packo.The Orc Dogs will kill him in no time, then wait while the wargs return back to their first place and take whatever Packo has.
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:13 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

"Pacho" is a Guard, not a Shadow.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:34 pm
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Well Graham, I tried to do what you described, but nobody sells transmation scrolls in chapter 1 I don't think, and I haven't found any either. There are some in the cave on the bottom of the northern focus stone, but I am too weak to beat those snappers right now.
Post Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:22 am
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

I don't think that there are any bloodfly scrolls in the monastary and it needs to be a bloodfly scroll to get you past the big gate that blocks off the second section, I got mine by doing the stranger quest but it's very difficult fighting even just 1 skeleton in ch 1 i had 70STR mastered 1h weapons level 11 and was equiped with the sword you get off Bulit. When more than 1 skeleton chased after me i ran back to the spiral stairs and they stopped chasing me, then you can lure them up and most of the time they get stuck leaving you free to hit them.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:31 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

If you need two transform to bloodfly spells in chapter1 and you are strong enough then complete the Chromanin quest and you will end up with two of that spells scrolls.
Spoiler:
from the corpse you know....

Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:36 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

my suspisions about bloodfly scrols have been confirmed, the only one's in ch 1 are from completing the stranger quest (or Chromanin quest what ever you want to call it) or you could settle for second best and get the old battle axe which is just befor the stone golem near xardas' tower it des about 60-65 DMG and needs less than 40 STR and you don't need bloodfly scrolls to get it.
Post Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:08 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next