View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Macio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Shadow best Questoin

Hi guys
i just started playing this great game and i am wondering - being lev 10 should i be able to kill Shadowbeast or should i wait a bit . Also is it necesary to try to level as much in Chapter 1 or just play as you want ??

Thanks
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:17 pm
Sir RubberDuck
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Hmm... What level is your strenght/dex and weapon mastery?
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:24 pm
Macio
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well at lev 10 you can't have much
Str: 30
Dex: 20
Weapon Damage 37
My weapon mastery is one handed 47
Post Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:51 pm
Sir RubberDuck
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Yes, it should be possible.

Just remember that you can't block a Shadowbeast, which means you'll have to dodge it. Or you could take it out with a bow if you're skilled at that.
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:07 am
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

well shadowbeasts are significantly easier in G2 than in G1 (or at least so it seemed to me). being somewhat pathetic in combat (the sheer amount of time and reloads it took me to take out skeletons in ch1 defies belief) i'm not particularly good at dodging but i have noticed that you can back off when the shadowbeast runs at you and then hit it when it finishes its charge. obviusly this is most effective outdoors and you may well need to modify your approach when fighting them in caves (where most seem to be)

while it isn't necessary to be of a high level to continue as i don't think unkilled creatures disappear between chapters (thereby always enabling you to kill them at a later date), i think that most here like the feel of running about with orc slayer (or dragon slicer) as soon as possible. it also helps to be of a higher level if you're feeling somewhat bloodthirsty and want to take out large quantities of orcs in the valley of the mines in chapter 2 (although to be honest this also isn't a necessity but rather just something i like to do)
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:17 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I'd try to push it up to at least level 14 or 15.

Personally, I didn't go on to chapter 2 unil I was level 17 or 18. If you decide to take out the Orcs in Chapter 2 for the EXP, a lot of times you'll be facing 2 at once and the higher STR, weapons mastery and generally better weapons really help! In the end though, it's up to you.

Good Hunting!
Post Sun Aug 24, 2003 6:19 am