View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Knightwing
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Stuck after killing the dragons - need help

Spoiler:
I already killed all the dragons but I can't seem to find what next to do ... I already talked to everybody and there is no option for me to move to the next chapter. btw, i have not seen the chapter 5 introduction (so it sems I forgot to do someything which I dont know what). I had no choice but to get a walkthrough to see what I missed but the only thing I found I did not do is free Gorn. Can this have affect my game progress? What do I do ... Thanks!
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:23 am
Crashzone
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I'm not sure, long time ago I played gothic 2
But I think you need to go to Xardas' tower, Lee (or whatever) is there, he gives you a paper.
I'm not sure.. really long time ago
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:01 am
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The chapter5 screen should come as you are leaving the VoM, are you shure you got all of them Stone, fire, ice and swamp.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:43 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

And talk to Garond that you killed them all, maybe that's the trigger. That you didn't free Gorn doesn't care.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 4:38 pm
Knightwing
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi All thatnks for the reply ... I talked to every one ... Xardas / Lee / Lester / Hagen / Garond / Pyrokar / Vatras and others ... but I did not hget any letter ... I killed the Dragons in this order ... Swamp / Fire / Stone / Fire ... after killing the dragond have talked to Garond and he gave me money and got the experience for killing them. HAve already tried to go back and check if I missed anything from the dragon caves and have almost killed every enemy in the maps but still cant move to the next chapter. What else do I need to do? Thanks!
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:58 pm
Knightwing
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi All thatnks for the reply ... I talked to every one ... Xardas / Lee / Lester / Hagen / Garond / Pyrokar / Vatras and others ... but I did not hget any letter ... I killed the Dragons in this order ... Swamp / Fire / Stone / Fire ... after killing the dragond have talked to Garond and he gave me money and got the experience for killing them. HAve already tried to go back and check if I missed anything from the dragon caves and have almost killed every enemy in the maps (including all the Orcs )but still cant move to the next chapter. What else do I need to do? Thanks!
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:58 pm
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

You have to go back to Khorinis now. then when you exit the pass you will encounter lester waiting for you.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:08 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Sounds more like a bug, so if you have anny older savegames i would advice reloading.
Post Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:10 pm
Knightwing
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I already talked to Lester (in the valley near Xardas' tower) nothing happened. Unfortunately all my saved games are after I killed the dragons
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:41 am
rcarter3
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

If you indeed did as you said, killed all 4 dragons in the VoM and went back to Khorinis and have spoken to lester and recieved the letter Xardas gave him to give to you then you should do the following:

1. read the letter.
2. go to the monastery and speak to Pryokar (ask for book "halls of Irdorath")
3. follow the path that will naturally follow from these events.

Also if you are a paladin speak to Lord Hagen about the Orc Warlord you should have encoutered. If you are a mage speak to Pryokar about the books you should be gatering from those possessed by the seekers. If you are a Dragon hunter speak to bennet about the dragon eggs you now know are being placed on the island.

That should get you started on the chapter 5 quests that will lead you to the ship, dragon island and the end of the story
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:57 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I think it's a bug too, that occurred because you killed the dragons in the right order.

quote:
I already talked to Lester (in the valley near Xardas' tower) nothing happened. Unfortunately all my saved games are after I killed the dragons

In chapter five he's standing before Xardas tower and tells you that Xardas is gone and then gives you a letter. If he isn't standing before Xardas tower then chapter five isn't started yet.

Too bad
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:49 am
titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

He must have seen the loading screen of chaper 5 so He will probably not be in chapter 5 yet. And I don't think its the dragon bug because that give a sort of message of killing al dragons while you didn't. Get my point? If you are in the VoM go to the entrance of the pass in Khorinis again. then you should have the loading screen of chapter 5. Else I don't know anymore
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:11 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

If what you have written is korrect we have to assume that you have been outside the barrier after the dragons where killed. and since you said that you have talked to Xardas who in chapter 5 have left so derfor i would say that your only option is to either Reload an Older savegame (it could be one while you still havent tryed to leave VoM after killing the dragons) ore simply restart the Game.
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:44 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

For future reference, it's best to kill the dragons in this order: Swamp, Stone, Fire, Ice.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:13 pm
Knightwing
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

HI Everyone ... Thanks for all the info . I really think this is a bug. I already finished killing all the the Orc Wardlords and talked to Hagen but still no Chapter 5. One thing I noticed, my log still have some of the missions I already finished. Ow well ... have to restart then ... Thanks!
Post Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:46 am