Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Gothic 2 The Night of The Raven HELP NEEDED (Spoilers)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Gothic 2 The Night of The Raven HELP NEEDED (Spoilers)

First, I would like to thank to Gothic 2 community for bringing us the English translation for the game. It's great and it's working well for me.

But maybe not so well after all..

After about 20 hours of playing, I found myself STUCK!! I think it's a bug in a storyline or something it's just I can't go on anymore and here is my problem.

Spoiler:
Problem 1) The Eye of Innos HUGE PROBLEM

It's just Vatras doesn't want to help me about it! He said that he needs a replacement in town so he can go to the stone circles to do that reversal (I allready have the fixed Eye) and he also said I should speak to the Water Mages. I did. And I also did all the Vatras'es quest, I even got accepted to the Water Ring and all, I'VE DONE EVERYTHING for thos mages, but still, NO ONE WANTS TO REPLACE HIM so neither Vatras, nor Xardas and Pyrokar can't help me fix the eye and I cant go on!! I beg for help about this one, I don't know what to do and I'm very depressed about it, I've tryed everything!

So if I repeat the important thing: Where can I find the replacement for Vatras in town?

Problem 2) Ornaments

Can't find them. Only the one that I gave Lares and than he gave ma back so I took it to Nefarius, who gave me a quest to find the other 3 ornaments.

- Ornament at Lobart's farm: There is allready Cavalorn searching for the ornament by the stone circles and he wast talking about the mechanisms we need to discover to fidn the ornament. I found 2 switches at the stone circles, but no matter in what way I press them, nothing happens. Help?!

- Ornament at Landowner: There is a stone circle, but no sign of an ornament. Even used my wisp, but still found nothing. Huh!?

- Ornament in the woods: Lares is supposed to go with me, but he needed a replacement in town. After I found him that replacemant, nothing happened! The quest was completed but he doesn't want to go with me (there is no such conversation option availble)!
Maybe I can still try to find it myself but I doubt I will have any luck, because I didn't have any with the 2 before.

I also received a paper from Vatras after I've completed he's quests. It's a paper for Saturas, and I think it's about that I'm allowed to go trough the portal to the new world, but again, THERE IS NO CONVERSATION OPTION ABOUT THAT when I speak with Saturas!! WTF not again!

Anyone that plays the Add-On PLEASE help me, I'm desperate, I couldn't find any useful walktrough no nothing...

Please reply.
Post Sun May 30, 2004 5:27 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Wrong forum - moved.
Post Sun May 30, 2004 5:32 pm
GgozZ
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

1) Cant answer, aint that long yet ..

2) Lobart's Farm, U need to be i chapter 2, then u go in and talk to lord hagen, he has this piece

Landowner(Onar), Push all 3 swithes around the stones and a stone guardian comes out, let the farmers take some hits and try kill it..

Lares, say lets go and tell u need help in the woods.. else u can do it yourself.. same procidure as with the landowners place, there is just no farmers here..

The message to Saturas, it is when u have delivered the ornaments and a little later, then he something like " We cant travel before i get message from vatras )

I hope this turns out to be usefull
Post Sun May 30, 2004 8:40 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I allready found all the pieces and now I'm in add-on world damn I must had been blind to miss those switches

but anyway, I was level 20 when I entered in add-on world and now it's too easy for me lolol too bad, next time I will enter the new world earlier so it will be more of a challenge
Post Sun May 30, 2004 10:39 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Once you're done with the add-on world, Vatras will get the replacement.
Post Mon May 31, 2004 8:04 am
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Yes, thank you. This is how I have expected that things will turn out.

Oh, and one more thing. New world rox It's really fun, but it seems a little too short to me. Couldn't help myself, I stopped playing it when the time was five. In the morning
Post Mon May 31, 2004 4:06 pm
Inept
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Just wondering: Do you have to complete the find the missing people quest and the missing weapons quest for Vatras to give you the letter? I've done everything, but now I can't get a letter from him and go to the new world.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:16 am
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

well in my case he gave me the letter after I've completed both his quests and joined the Circle of the Water. did you meet with the Circle of the Water yet? I think he gives you the letter after that.
Post Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:04 am
Patriot
Small Tiger
Small Tiger

Well I also need help for a quest.It is this Fortuno.I have given him the green novice.What do I do next.
Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:21 pm
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Question guys.. i reached Chapter II but havent really done anything else beside leveling up and go around searching and killing in khorinis and all over the map, as long as im able to (trolls and orcs are too hard)

anyway..

I came across the water mages.. talked with them (learned parts of the old language) and they missed the ornaments to the "transportation" machine. I talked with everybody but it doesnt show up as a "quest" when i look in my notebook.

Can i do this quest now? Because i tried to press those 3 buttons in the -circle- behind Lobarts farm and the thing that happend was a earthquake.. nothing more. Also, i read there was suppose to be a watermage there? Didnt see him.

I renember i got a ornament, i think i delievered it for Vatras.. can that be correct?

I dont want to go to the VoM yet, im having fun at khorinis so if anyone can help me with this i would be glad.. or maybe im not able to yet?
Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:39 am
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

The paladins in the city have your ornament. You should go to Lord Hagen and ask hm for your ornament. There should be your old friend Cavalorn at Lobart's farm too.. Didn't you come across him?
Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:26 pm
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Lord Hagen? (lord Andre..)

Im confused now but if Hagen is the "main" man who wants proof from me im pretty sure he didnt give me anything when i entered chapter II and talked to him.. he wants proof and i might have to do that first?

Cavalorn? who is that btw.. i reckon its one of the watermages i spoke to in the ruins or maybe not? Im i supposed to have met him in the ruins first and then have to wait?

As i said, i went to the circle and pressed the buttons.. and as long as lobart farm is the first farm you get to in the game, this is it.
Where is Cavalorn suppose to be?

Sorry that i have a bit problems renembering the names

Just reached Chapter II, but i should be able to get to this land? Should i go to VoM first maybe.
Any tips?

What did you do?
Post Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:30 pm
NeoCodex
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

you can still go to VoM if you wish but it's not necesary to complete Garond's quests there. you just have to find these ornaments in Khorinis. you can still go to VoM if you want to level up a little before you go to new world. level 15 should be more than enough to enter the new world.

however, the answer for your ornaments is allready posted in the other topic.
Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:44 am