Members
Usergroups
Can someone tell me what over encumbered is? I am stuck
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
brett

Can someone tell me what over encumbered is? I am stuck

My guy cant move on the bridge after I killed a bad guy and it says I am over-encumbered, what do I do?
Post Tue May 14, 2002 12:13 am

Midiboy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

He used a spell that lowered your stats. Your strength is probably lowered. You can no longer carry everything you have, thus, you are over encumbered. (encumberance is how much you are carrying verses how much you can carry.)

Depending on the spell he used, if you rest, your stats may return to normal, or you may need to take potions to restore them.

Right click on your screen. Any red numbers in your stats are stats that are lowered magically. (Any white numbers are stats raised magically) Yellow numbers are normal.

In your inventory window, you have a blue bar with two numbers in it. The first is the weight you are carrying. The second is the weight you can carry.

Any time the first number is equal to or greater than the second number, you have to drop items to move.

Hope this made sense.

Check out http://www.midiboy.com for info about Midiboy Music
Post Tue May 14, 2002 12:21 am
brett

its helped a lot, thanks

thank you
Post Tue May 14, 2002 12:26 am

Midiboy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Anytime.

Check out http://www.midiboy.com for info about Midiboy Music
Post Tue May 14, 2002 12:32 am
GMD
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

re: overburdened

I clicked "remove corpse" and it added the hound meat (or whatever) to me.

I, when at 180 and have a burden of 179 cant add weight
Post Tue May 14, 2002 4:47 pm
Kaos503
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wait, I have some red numbers in my inventory, I just though that meant those stats were very low. I take it 'Restore Persnality' potions and stuff will fix that if resting oesn't work
Post Tue May 14, 2002 4:57 pm
Uruz
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Restore potions are great on quests, but if you're near civilization, use an Imperial Cult shrine. Join the cult(at Moonmoth Fort near Balmora) and it will only cost you 10 drakes to restore all your attributes. If you go a bunch of Imperial Cult quests, you can get it for free. There is an imperial cult shrine in most major cities on the southern half of the map.

Moonmoth Fort east of Balmora, the fort south of Ald'ruhn which name escapes me right now, Wolverine Hall in Sadreth Mora, Mage's Guild in Vivec and there's one in the town west of Khuul, forget the name, in the North.

I think that is all of them.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 5:11 am
Rune

Overencumbered

There is a spell (Divine Intervention?) that will teleport you to the nearest cult altar. It should put you close enough that you do not need to move to use the altar. Cast it, click on the altar and you are good to go.
Post Wed May 15, 2002 11:44 am