Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Those sickening underwater creatures/worms!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Ruft

Those sickening underwater creatures/worms!!

I can't even go for a swim without having that shitty small underwater crap creature biting me off....when i turn at the fucker and try to kill it nothing happens at all...such a small sorryass and still cannot be killed with even a big sword......that's ........weird...

one more thing, just got that flying spell from the fallen and died magacian.....what is the use for it? i mean....you press jump..get high in the sky..it's all white....whats the use of that shit?
Post Thu May 09, 2002 5:32 pm

Kereds

Well, you just complained of swimming- so with that spell I would assume you wouldnt have to swim anymore to get to certain islands?
Post Thu May 09, 2002 5:40 pm

ruft

yeah i know, but i want to go look for underwater treasures , pearls etc...can't do that with having that fool biting me off all the time...
Post Thu May 09, 2002 6:01 pm

Kereds

I do know what you mean- they are a real pain in the @ss, especially for me, I essentially have a pure mage, and I havent figured out how to cast in the water yet- if its posible at all.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 6:10 pm

Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

The only reason I can think of that you can't kill a Slaughter Fish is because your character has no decent amount of any melee skill. That's your fault buddy, they're not very tough to kill.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 9:20 pm
Loth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
That's your fault buddy, they're not very tough to kill.

LOL! Day one with a new character they might be hard but c'mon Ruft, work those muscles and build up your weapon skills.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 9:35 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Those are the suckers my Argonian trained with. I'd dive for a pearl, they'd come and get me... I'd make sure I was in first person and spear 'em. Clawing didn't work to well... but upgrading to a 20 damage max spear helped a lot.

I've swam about half the lower part of the map now. No more slaughterfish *sigh* Think I killed them all.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu May 09, 2002 9:50 pm
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Matbe that's what I'll do: Create an Argonian Pearl Diver.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 10:02 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

He's my favorite character so far.

But I can't get his mercantile skill to work period. Does it work automatically? It's never gotten a point towards advancement when I buy or sell anything or even just hit the 'barter' dialogue option... am I missing something basic?

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Thu May 09, 2002 10:14 pm
Fantasm

First of all, if you've got the slaughterfish in your sights and you're sitting there swinging and swinging and not doing anything, then the previous posters are right; get a better weapon and armor, improve your skills, etc.

But if you're having trouble zeroing in on those suckers, one thing I found that helps is to go into 3rd-person mode and move the camera so you're looking straight down at the top of your head. This makes it easy to tell which way the fish are coming at you from, and you can still hit them even if your character is technically looking downward. I got to the point where as soon as the music changed (signalling impending combat), I would go to 3rd person, wait for the fish to get there, and instantly turn in the right direction without having to madly search the waters to figure out where I'm getting hit from.

And Xen...you increase your mercantile skill by successfully asking for better deals on the merchandise that is offered. Click on an item to buy or sell, and then raise or lower the "offer" amount (obviously raise if you're selling and lower if you're buying ;). If successful, your skill goes up a bit (if you're not, your approval rating with that merchant dips down a point...don't worry, though, any successful transaction will raise your approval up a point, so it's always worth it to try bartering, even if it's for only one gold piece...you can always be less aggressive and get the deal done).
Post Thu May 09, 2002 10:33 pm

EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I knew it had to be something easy. Thanks.

And yes... finding the fish in 3rd person is easiest. Finding monsters in 3rd person is easiest. I switch to first when I've locked on.

Post Thu May 09, 2002 10:36 pm

I hit everything, my agility is 100
Post Fri May 10, 2002 2:48 am

Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Re: Those sickening underwater creatures/worms!!

quote:
Originally posted by Ruft
I can't even go for a swim without having that shitty small underwater crap creature biting me off....when i turn at the fucker and try to kill it nothing happens at all...such a small sorryass and still cannot be killed with even a big sword......that's ........weird...

one more thing, just got that flying spell from the fallen and died magacian.....what is the use for it? i mean....you press jump..get high in the sky..it's all white....whats the use of that shit?

You have a potty mouth.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:17 am