Transfering Saved Games?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
hoverboy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Transfering Saved Games?

I have been playing since the game came out and have logged about 15-20 hours of game play. In about two weeks I will be getting a new system, and planned on transfering my saved games from the current game over to the new system, but I'm testing that right now and I'm finding that Morrowind drops to the desktop when I try to load a saved game from a previous installation. In case I'm not making sense, here's the breakdown:

1) Install Morrowind, play and save a game
2) Install Morrowind on new system, copy saved games from step 1 into Morrowind save folder.
3) Launch Morrowind and try to load the saved game from step 1

At this point it crashes to the desktop. Is there a fix/way around this?

Thanks
Post Tue May 07, 2002 7:38 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

There is at least Journal.htm in main MW folder. But I am not sure if this is only output from ingame journal or also source when loading game. However you can try to copy it to new installation also. But I think this will not help.
You can also try to move bigger parts of your current installation and to new installations (I mean rewrite bigger parts). There can be hidden something we will not find but you can probably solve it this way.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 8:20 pm