Claws and teeth ?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Claws and teeth ?

I am lvl 13 now. Does it still make sence to learn theese skills ? Or is it already too late. I killed most of critters in chap 1.
If teeth and claws is a waste of LPs, what other hunting skills are worth learning?
Thanks.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:59 am
Predator
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

yes they are waste lps.

Worth Learning Hunting Skills: Dragon Blood(you can forge the most powerful swords in the game with this if you are mercenary and you can sell them to Jan in chapter 4), Dragon Scales(same as dragon blood, difference : you get the dragon slayer's armor if you give them to Bennet or Jan, necessary to be mercenary)

Minecrawler Plates: You can get good armour if you get 10 of them and give them to Wolf in mercenary camp. It's good armor to get in chapter 2 and it's free.

You can learn these skills from Gestath (To reach him you should avoid some fire lizards etc. transforming skills useful for this) If you can't find him :
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.jowood.de%2Fshowthread.php%3Fs%3D30f4b3ab9bb25f66a2fb4c1393370450%26threadid%3D26656&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&prev=%2Flanguage_tools
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:33 am
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

Apart from making money claws and teeth skill has no further value in the game. Taking mine crawler plates is usefull for getting a good armour in chapter two and taking dragon scale and dragon blood is useful for a good armour and making a good sword in chapter 4 when you are a merc.

Kay
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:29 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Actually there's one quest, which requires you to return specific claws to one of the upper quarter merchants. Also, troll teeth were required somewhere, but I forgot where, maybe in some magician related thing. So you may not need them all with every guild, but quite few of those skills are good, at least once, or with specific guilds.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:46 am
klawz
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

There is a guy in the Valley of mines who can teach you how to remove claws for free. I mean, you have to do a quest for this, but you dont have to spend LP on it. I forgot his name, but he's in the paladins camp near the old Xardas Tower.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:01 pm
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, I have a quest to bring some special claws. Ahh, it is really nice if I can get this skill for free.

And that Gestadh dude is in the Valley of Mines. Hmm, I see.

Good, I didn't spend points on claws and teeth. Actually, now the only skill I know is skinning.

Small question remains.
You are writing, that those dragon related skills are worth learning if you are merc, because of some goodies in later chapters. But, I am militia and I will become Pala one day, does it mean all those dragon scales and blood are useless for Paladin or for Militian?
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:54 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

As a militia/palladin, you can't use the dragon scales or dragon blood to make weapons. However, a guy in the valley of mines castle will pay BIG MONEY for dragon blood and you will get 200 EXP for each dragon blood vial you sell him.

Also, the scales sell for high price as well and you get 12 scales per dragon. If you want to take full advantage of this, I advise you to get the skills before you set off to kill all 4 dragons (although you can always go back and get their stuff later after they are dead--but why do the extra trip)

If you don't want to spend LP on the dragon scales then at least get the blood because you can make a lot of money and exp. that way.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:23 pm
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

You don't have to learn claw and teeth skill for this special quest. If you kill this specific animal you will be able to get the claws without the skill.

Kay
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:30 pm
Egin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Thank you all for great help. Things are now more or less sorted for me
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:02 pm
Wicked Noble
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

... Christ !
Im still in chap2 and I leand it becourse of that quest...
talking about feeling stupit
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:00 pm
kugraw
City Guard
City Guard

Well, you can still make some extra money with this skill.

Kay
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:40 am
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Hey, Wicked Noble. Don't feel bad, I did the same thing. Doh!! At least I know I'm not the only one in the boat!

On a side note. Am I the only one who's wishing they'd kept the LP requirements for hunting skills as low as they were in G1? I seem to remember them costing 2LP's, not 5LP's.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:44 am