Hmmm...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hmmm...

Where to start... Ok, look in general forums for a post named English Mod or something, it has 10 pages of replys.. so its hard to miss, the guy who posted it put down a link that takes you to a russian web site to DL this english mod, so i DL'ed it, played the mod, beat it, then shut my comp down, when i restarted, i got an error with windows boot that my boot disc cant seem to fix, im not necerally accusing anyone of putting a virus into the package.. BUT if its a glitch everyone beware, and if anyone has any idea how to help me fix this problem, im on windows ME, whenever i get past the powerspec boot screen, it says "Please specify the Booting order, or enter a Boot Media disk now", i enter the disk and it gives me the software liscence agreement sheet, i click Accept, then it says there is an error and i need to reconfigure the disk... so im kinda stumped right now.. and for anyone whos too stupid to figure this out, im on my work laptop

oh by the way, that was a funny mod good job A.
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:07 pm
Anonymouse

Striz, can you get your machine to boot into safemode? I haven't used ME but its similar to 98, instead of entering the bootdisk type in c: & hit enter. If that doesn't work try to bot using safemode. After you computer has gone through the BIOS check before the ME loading screen hit the F8 key, it should present you with some options one of them is safemode higlight it & hit return. If that has the same effect, unfortunately you will have to reinstall ME. It should be possible to overinstall which means you wont lose any data.

I see what you mean, thats gotta be a bummer!

Hope this helps.

A.Mouse
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 8:30 pm

Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thanks, ill try the f8 thing, but about C:, you cant even type anything, it doesnt go to the windows ME screen either, as soon as the machine goes thru its "press delete to enter setup or press tab to run BIOS screen" it goes to saying that stupid message i told you, and any key you press makes it say the message again, so ill try the f8, thanks
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 7:58 am
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well, sadly enough, it didnt work, thanks for trying to help tho, i wont be able to reinstall ME due to the fact that i got no ME disc with my computer, i just got some "Emergency Recovery Disks" wich just give me errors, so im going to call the manufacturer today and have a talk with them, if they cant help my cousins probably can. (one of my cousins makes over 80,000$ a year and hes only 17, he owns his own computer company)
Post Fri Apr 26, 2002 9:02 am