NOTR, tips please.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Cloaked Figure
Village Leader
Village Leader

NOTR, tips please.

Ok so i started playing NOTR the other day. And i didnt realise when they scaled the difficulty that they scaled the talent points as well. You really have to plan this stuff out !

Anyways what i was wanting to know, if anyone could give me some tips on some good builds. Ive always liked the Idea of a Battlemage, But not sure if that is gonna be possiable.

Your Freindly Neighborhood Lunatic

"Women You can't live with them, And they hate it when you Violate small furry animals with a Jagged Stick."
Post Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:26 pm
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I would say put at most 20 or so points into the non-int attribute or skill you prefer(stop when it starts to get more expensive). After you apply all those stones tablets in the game and potions it should be around 90ish if I remember correctly (skill will be 60ish since there are no potions). That is enough that you will be able to use the weapon when needed.

However if you are going to put this many points into an attrbiute and associated skill you really should try to get as much experience as possible to make up for it, i.e. visit the NOTR island as often as possible (monsters sometimes replenish) and kill all the orcs in the valley of mines. Should put you around level 53ish by the end of the game.
Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:23 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

You get about 20 skillpoints from tablets, so train to about 60%(it's fairly cheap up to that point) in weapons, magic, strength etc.. and then use tablets and potions from there and up. Always get alchemy and then the permanent +skillpoint potion of whatever you want(dex if you want dex, str if you want str, and mana if you're a mage) - you save a lot of points by saving up all the kinds' sorrel you find and drinking it. Combined with tablets you should be able to get 120 or so in dex/str even if you only train to 60 in str/dex with a trainer.

Also, a nice tip is to go to x9 and then train for 5 points. For instance 29 and then spend 5 points to get 34. You will then only pay the normal price for 30-34, despite the fact that you should really pay double. Same goes for 59, 89, 119 etc..
Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:26 pm