12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

Author Thread
happysky9396
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

which guild did you choose

which guild did you choose? what are some advantages and disadvantages of each guild?
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:35 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

learning to forge early was lotsa fun
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:44 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I chose magician because I want to cast all the spells in the game.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:02 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i finished the game with all guilds but the first was paladins. Paladins have the power and they have good armors creatures cant damage u too much
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:35 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm playing as a Merc...Because I played as one in G1 and I want to continue the series as I started. I will play G3 & 4 as a Merc also...if thy still exist when they come out.

Sylvio
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:29 pm
Iron Man
Dazed and Confused
Dazed and Confused

Mage. Out of all the times I played Gothic 1 I enjoyed being a mage the most. The spells were a lot better this time around (the animation for ring of death was cool) and everyone called you "reverand" or "honourable magician". Also it says in the manual that the path of magic is one for advanced players, so that was a boost to my self esteem

This box secretly turns into a picture and laughs at YOU personally when you're not looking.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:47 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Militia was, of course, my favorite career - and Merc the least favorite. I just couldn't stand the bunch of unlikeable cutthroats, just like I couldn't stand the New Camp of old.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:29 pm
LexXx
He who has no title
He who has no title

Militia: I like warrior, but also magic, so Militia is the best.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:41 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Finished twice with Paladin, twice with magician, and once with merc.

Paladin advantages: Basically, nearly everything. If you spend a bit of LP on mana before becoming a Paladin, or on alchemy to make elixirs of spirit, you can become truly powerful due to the fact that they combine extremely powerful magic, with swordmastery.

Magician: Difficult to start with, but later in the game you can take out everything without losing a single HP. Definetly the most powerful class in the last two chapters, but not in the rest of the game.

Merc: Very easy in the first two chapters if you manage to get 30% in bowskill + a bit of dex. Both other classes will run into difficulties before they reach the 3rd chapter, but with a merc with ranged weapon, you'll be able to shoot your way into the 3rd chapter without having too much trouble.
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:51 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Mercenary. They use more dexterity than militia which is good for the thief skills which are based on dexterity.

Even though they are not the most powerful, they are more fun to play since using the DEX based weapons and ranged bows. Also, I can clean everything out via thief skills without cheating to open locked chest (enable random locks in gothic2.ini for a real challenge).

I do not have to resort to the power of reload to open chest which is plain cheating to me.

Mercenary can use melee weapons and ranged weapons, and effective thief skills early on so the game is more fun early on. I do not care to be Ubermensche by chapter 6 while playing boring to get there; I still can kill the end boss monsters, so it takes me a few more hits to do it.

Mercenary final word; it is Gothic and it is GOOD to be BAD...

About them cut throat mouthy mercenaries; I 'taught' them to respect me; they got a good spanking from me, it is a RPG and I always would like to do that to punks in the real world .
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:26 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

IRL I want to be able to respect my colleagues, not despise them, so, no, the mercenary rabble was my least favorite company. And my paladin was a very well-balanced character who excelled in 1-handed weapons as well as crossbows; together with the ability to use runes he was quite useful. But that's what it's all about - preferences.
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:16 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

well after all mercs were all from the Mining colony and like we all know ppl there werent that nice like outside the barrier mercs are cool also i finished with them 1 time
Post Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:35 pm
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

in my view its the paladins that are evil even if they do serve innos imo they were worse than the mercs when it came to being 'cutthroats' damn evil tyrant bastards
Post Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:09 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

All 3, first time Militia/Paladin, then Novice/Mage, Merc/Dragon Hunter, mage is the most fun= have the most quests.

Gothic II Credits
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:36 pm
Predator
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Militia/Paladin

It's good to be good hehe =)
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:04 pm