Shany plot, help. (Oh no not this again!) Yeah, I know
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Shany plot, help. (Oh no not this again!) Yeah, I know

Ok, I have read quite a few topics about saving her but as I read there are several that tell about her being part of an eveil plot. I don't want to know this yet so please, if someone can help me, give me a step by step of how to save her.

I've tried:

* Killing all the priests = She's a blood stain and the demon is there.

* Following the priests = see above

* Running fast past the priests = She's dead on the alter. No demon.

The door is always open except with me running past them. Then it's closed and I opened it but she still ended up dead. I've tried these all sorts of ways. I don't want to leave her to die. Kids and animals can't die! (Don't tell me about any plot, please) I mean I killed one of those piggies, I think it even had a name, at the outpost but I felt so guilty I had to restart an old save game.

Anyway, need Shany help. If anyone can direct me to a post with a good tip that would be great! (One without the whole Shany is the daughter of a demon theory. I'll learn this in time if it's true. Heh.)

I'm off to try again.

Thanks! ~T
Post Fri Feb 28, 2003 6:47 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Shanny (Spoiler???)

This one drove me insane. The trick is timing the killing of the priests. To slow she dies, too fast she buys it. Get to killing them one at a time once you start up the sloopy walkway, and get around the turn a little. I wish I could help more, but I think I did it with a little dumb luck as well. Just save game right after the cut sceen and keep starting to kill them at different points getting closer to the chamber each time. That's how I did it. Not really a spoiler is it. That info about her being one of the bad guys was a personal theroy of one of the forum. Personally, I won't believe it unless it comes out in Arx 2.
Post Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:46 pm
dave9
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

shany

I'm afraid there is no way round it you have to hear shany cry out then go in and attack the prists you could pick of a couple of them be-fore you enter the alter place but you have to be quick cheers dave.
rember listen out for shany cries ok
Post Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:41 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Yay! Thanks to you guys little Shany is back at home with her mommy singing in the village like an annoying banshee. La-la-la-la. Tha noise is making me a bit irate. (Mebbe I should have left her there?)

*takes a deep breath*

This is what I did: I save gamed after the cutscene. Then I waited like a sneak and tip-toed behind them. (I tried picking them off one by one before the door but got lost during the battle. LOL) The minute I heard her cry I started hacking my way through them and pushed my way to the alter. I ensured she was still alive by listening to her crys for her "MOMMY" "Boo-Hooing" etc. I then turned around and, with Shany at my back still on the alter, I protected her as I sliced and diced thorugh the craniums of the priests. While one priest escaped my wrath little Shany started running out of the sacrificial room. I ran after her only to be chased by another priest. I then spent about 10 minutes, that seemed like 10 hours, running around looking for the little imp. I gave up and almost went back to my save game but I decided to just go through to the top. Just in case she knew the way. Well, she wasn't anywhere to be found. I went to tell her Mommy that I failed in my task and didn't save her and as I opened the door there she was. Everybody's happy. Except me who wasted time because I didn't think the obvious.

Whew!

Thanks again. I stopped to tell you my success story. (Well, I stopped because the bridge didn't work after I switched the three switches in The Temple of Akbaa. Drat!

*keeps fingers crossed* Hope it's not a bug.

BTW, anyone know where I can get a keyring?

You guys rock! Thanks for the third time.

~T

(Oh! And yes I know I'm a dork. )
Post Sat Mar 01, 2003 6:55 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I had trouble with this also. It is in timing and somehow also getting between the priest that kills her and shany.
I pretty sure shanys mom is who sells the key ring. Thats a big help getting things organized.
Post Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:35 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Shanny

I'm glad you saved her. Sounds like you did it just like I did. I tried not to give you to many details and hoped you would get it. It's a lot more fun that way. Keep up the good fight, and down with Akbaa.
Post Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:45 pm
Kevin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re:Shany Plot

To get the Keyrong its in the human city of arx where shany's mom is
its in one of those chests
Post Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:29 pm