Help- Stuck on level 1
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
reneeharper8
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help- Stuck on level 1

I have followed the walk-through, but Carlos (from the Guard room 3) will not instruct me to visit the King and the king will not talk to me when I go to see him.

Second problem/question: How do I sell excess equipment in my inventory? I have tried to just add the items to the shopkeeper's inventory but the items just come back to me.

Thanks in advance!
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:57 pm
Temptress
Purely Innocent
Purely Innocent

Did you talk to a few guards already? They have to direct you to talk to Carlos.

As for the items make sure the chests are open. When you pull the items from your inventory and drop inside the chest it should stay. Also, make sure there is enough room for the items your placing.

These things could also be a patch issue. Although I had no luck with the patch your version may require it?

Dunno if that helps but if it doesn't someone will be along with the right answers!

~T
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:48 pm
reneeharper8
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yep- Still stuck on Level 1

Yes. All the guards tell me to talk to Carlos, but when I go to room 3 where Carlos is supposed to be, not only are none of the individuals labeled as Carlos, but the one who I assum to be Carlos just apologizes for his guards and then tells me to go away (in so many words). Wonder if I have done something wrong along the way. When I enter the church and attempt to talk to the priest he calls me a "heretic."

Thanks for you response. Appreciate the attempt to help!
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 8:21 pm
Esrohnoil
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

hmm... you spoken with Ortiern in the human outpost before it?

second problemo:
the number above the items shows the price, and this also have a red, or green colour, that shows the trader interested in this item or not... if the number is red, you must find another trader, who shall buy it.

- Demons rules the body, but the soul never break within...

- "There's still hope..."
Post Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:21 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I'd guess you haven't received the speak to the king quest from the outpost. Go back there and get it. I didn't talk to Carlos till after talking to the king, so he's not that important early on. Having the quest is.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:11 am
reneeharper8
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Reply to Stuck on Level 1

I did speak to the guard at the outpost. The quest to tell the king about the needing the path cleared is in my log book. I may just start the game all over again. Can't figure out what I have done wrong. Thanks for the reply.
Post Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:26 pm