Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How many GAME days did it take for you to finish?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

How many GAME days did it take for you to finish?

I believe my final count was 39 game days for my first party. Since the second time through I'm running a harder party with different character development strategy, I'm already up to 15 and I'm just at Arnika for the first time. It will probably be shorter real time, but a lot longer game time.

I chose not to do this as a poll, because it would be too many options to choose from.

And BTW, Dteowner if you read this - it was our prior discussion in another thread abovt how to develop characters to "beat" the autoleveler that has me trying this new strategy with my spellcasters. It's too soon for me to have good conclusions yet, though, as my 5 / 6 characters are different classes from the original.
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:39 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Sorry, need a kick to the head on this one... What was the plan?
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:55 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

Basically, the idea was buff up your spellcasters by casting any non-combat spell you can as often as you can to strengthen the magical skills without upping the characters levels as much as possible. This of course lowers the characters spell mana, requiring more frequent camping, leading to more casting of non-combat durational spells, etc.
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:55 pm
ChasR211
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How many game days

I am not finished yet. I am just about to go to Ascension Peak, but I am already something over 200 game days. I like to take my time and build up my party. They are mostly level 23 now.
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 5:20 am
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

It's not a question of building up your party, but how you build it. My first party finished at about levels 25/26. It means my characters went up a level on average every 1.5 game days - unbelievably rapid advancement, if you think of it in real life terms. The reason the game days were so few was that they barely slept! I conserved my magic points, rather than casting for the sake of casting in and out of combat, so I could journey a LOT longer without sleeping. By the end of the game, my mage & priest knew every spell and could cast almost all of them full green at maximum power. My lord was missing 2-3 spells, but he could still do spells to an average power level of 6+. My ranger and monk were short in their respective spell books by 2-3 spells, but their magic skills were relatively weaker. Vi, the only NPC I finished with, was only about level 20, but her magic skills were relatively well developed.
Post Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:42 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

First time I used 173 game-days ending up with characters at level 26-28.
Second time I went to solve everything, and used 194 game-days and ended up with characters at level 35-37.
Third time: I used only two characters (Priest & fighter), and used 220 game-days and ended up with characters at level 45.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:01 pm
ChasR211
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It looks like now that I may not be able to finish at all. Every time I enter the portal and the Ascension Peak map starts to load, the program crashes. I received Dungeon Seige for Father's Day and have started on it. I may try Wiz8 again later. Thanks again to all for the help with my questions. Chas. R.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 4:50 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Install the patch.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:08 pm