raedon9700 ati pro card problems
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
JESTER
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

raedon9700 ati pro card problems

Just wanted to let everyone know I had problems with this new card not running morrowind, blackhawk down and older maps on medal of honor. seemed every time in loaded them up the card would make my system unstable and crash it. Even after installing the latest drivers. I have since dropped down to a GEFORCE 4 64 meg mmx440 and have run everything without a problem. If ya know of anyone who wants a 9700 cheap let me know.lol
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 1:39 pm
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

Mine works fine with Morrowind, although I don't have either of the other two games you mentioned. I have had zero problems with my ATI Radeon 9700 PRO. What are your other system specifics?

-vaticide
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:06 pm
JESTER
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

im running a iwill p4533r mother board with 512k rambus memory. i have a 120 meg hd and a soundblaster audigy card. 425 watt power supply. When running morrowind it reboots my system and give me a message of 9700 card is the cause of system instability. i use win xp home edition p4 2.53 ghz system
Post Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:26 pm
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Dang. I just bought a 9700 Pro and sold the GF4 MX 440. Maybe a couple weeks ago I would have bought it from you. Then again, I would be a little worried. My card and many others run the games good. I wonder if your problem is just a conflicting hardware configuration problem or if there is an actual problem with your particular card.

Just out of curiosity, how cheap is cheap?
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:08 am
Guardian Defender
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

What drivers are you using? Did you get the 3.0s? To tell you the truth the best site to find all kinds of info on ATI is www.rage3d.com those guy over there are spme of the most knowledgeable people. BUt you should check your drivers...i see you failed to mention them
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:31 am