RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Sheen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Need Help About Joining Thieves Guild

Hi!
This is my 1st post, but I read you everyday

I'm a level 24 Fire Magician at Chapter 4 and I cannot pickpocket (I haven't found somebody that could teach me that)

So, I've searched about this in the forum and I've found a lot of post concerning Thieves Guild, but nothing that can help me

Apparently if you want to enter in Thieves Guild (and learn pickpocketing) you must help Halvor (fish seller) and Sengaku (or something like that, the man at the Market Place).

- Halvor does not purpose me anything else that buying fish

- Sengaku does not tell me anything (because I've collect the gold robbed in Chapter 1), just I can ask him if everything is fine and he reply me that he hasn't stole anything.

I've read on your post something about Atille and his Key but I've never seen this NPC, according to some post he is behing halvor's house but in my game, there is nothing

Please, what can I do ? I want to pickpocket

Thx, I'm waiting for your reply
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:14 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You let Rengaru go? You need to go to Kardif in the harbor bar and ask for special work. He sends you to Nagur. Nagur will give you a quest.

You have a choice at this point. You can turn Nagur in to the militia or do his quest. If you turn him in, Kardif ought to tell you Atille wants to talk to you. Atille will want to kill you, kill him instead and swipe the key.

If you do his quest, you have to complete the bandit raids quest and open the funny looking fish, read the stinking note and bring it to Halvor. Then go to Kardif and he'll tell you Atille wants to see you but he'll give you the key instead.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:40 pm
Sheen
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks
It works perfectly, I've discovered that pickpocketing is very important if you want easy exp point
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:51 pm
Bytespawn
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

watch out, though attille is a strong oponent for inexperienced characters.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:57 pm
Buccaneer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I, too, have a similar problem and he is Nagur. I'm in chpt1 at level 9 but had joined the Militia quite some time ago. I talked to the bartender many times and the one time I got the special job for Nagur, Nagur refused to talk to me because I'm with the Militia. I even went back after dropping my armor and all he has said for days is the 'keep cool' message - nothing else. I can't get the False Messenger or Baltram's Shipment quests at all (I've done the other thieves' related quests) or anything more out of the bartender. I want to get the key so I can loot the underground, at least getting Bosper's Bow back.

Can anyone help or have I permanently lost any dealings with Nagur?
Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:31 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

It looks like a bug, cause when you leave your militia armour behind, you should be able to get his quest.
NFG member
Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:34 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Buccaneer,

I've never seen this situation, but try talking to Baltram -- does he mention anything about needing a new messenger and/or what happened to his old one?

If this does turn out to be a bug, and you can't get past Nagur to see Attile, you could try using Marvin mode to get through the door in the harbor, just until you join the Thieves Guild and get the key to the "regular" way to enter the sewers.

To do this, get into your status screen, type "marvin" and exit status. Then, right in front of the door, type "k" and it will pop you a bit forward and past the door.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:58 pm
Buccaneer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
I've never seen this situation, but try talking to Baltram -- does he mention anything about needing a new messenger and/or what happened to his old one?

No, just 'show me your wares'.

I really hate to cheat but right now, there is nothing else for me to do in the city. Any other ideas before I do so? Thanks.
Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:22 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Unless you can turn one of the thieves in to Andre, don't know how else except marvin mode you'll get the key. Have you tried turning one in? You may be stuck. Never tried getting his quest after becoming militia so don't know for sure.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:13 pm