Invincible Akbaa
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
ID10T16
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Invincible Akbaa

Ok, I got warrior mage with stats of 20 18 8 8 with 103 casting & 103 close combat. I'm using the sabre meteor sword (25dmg) but it's as if that sword hardly puts a scratch on him. I don't have enough fingers & toes to count how many times I have hit him. I decided to resort to quicksaves mid-fight in hopes I could just get tired of the fight, come back, & beat him later. I have actually increased 2 levels from fighting demons since I started the fight with Akbaa. Is there a bug I'm not aware of? Perhaps an item in my inventory that's causing this? This isn't one of those "How do you kill Akbaa?" threads. I seriously believe I've found a bug of some sort. NO boss is this difficult. If Akbaa's health is 600, then by my calculations (not taking into account armor), it should take me 24 hits with a 25dmg sword. I've done that at least 2 times over. Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:20 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Killing Akbaa

You can find a lot of great approaches to killing this guy in the threads here. You can do a search and pull up some. One word is don't worry about the sword, after the first hit, you might want to do what I did and take to the high ground and shot him with Inuits fireball bow. If not, use fireballs, just stay away and keep hitting from afar, he will die. Some people used levitate, mana drain, invisibility, and then wacked and ran. It is stratagy based on what your skills are. He has mana drain almost constant and summons the demons to get you. He is weak after he calls one up so take advantage. Hope this helps. I know you will save Arx.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:32 am
ID10T16
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have read all these things & have tried numerous fireballs as well, but to no avail. I may just keep on killing demons till I reach level 10(12 more demons to kill to make that a reality)then see what happens from there. Like I said though, I wasn't meaning this to be a "How do you kill Akbaa?" thread. I'm trying to find out if this is a glitch I've stumbled upon. Also, I've seen many people talk about how it's impossible to reach level 10... I'll let ya'll know what 10 is like in about another half hour.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:41 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Go For It!!

I never made level 10, and I never found him easy to kill. Very time consuming in my opinion. Let us know.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:45 am
Dood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

ID10T16 - I had a similar experience but with the giant worm. The first time I encountered it, it went down fairly quickly. But on a subsequent attempt, loading from a quick save I think, I blasted and hacked away at that thing for over half an hour and it still didn't die. Got the same results the next night playing from the same saved game. I finally went back to an earlier save at the beginning of the level and had no problems. Can't say whether you're experiencing something similar, but it could be a possibility.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:06 am
ID10T16
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think your right Dood, only I haven't a previous save game to revert to.
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:40 am
ID10T16
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Does anyone by chance have a savegame near the end that they'ed be willing to e-mail me. This is incredibly frustrating, not being able to finally beat the game & all. My e-mail is ID10T16@aol.com
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:41 pm
Lady_J
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Akbaa

Maybe I was lucky...but I somehow Got him backed in the corner by th door..I used Mana drain and whacked him till he died. I took several hits from him.....like I said maybe I was lucky...
I understand your frustration....I had gaint worm issues......
Good Luck!
Post Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:45 pm
ID10T16
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've found the problem!!!
See I was a victim of that bug with the Akbaa stones. I received the fix which actually put the stone in your inventory when you booted up the game. Well, it seems that if/when you have an akbaa stone in your inventory, it renders Akbaa invincible. Dood sent me a save game (thanx Dood), the first time I started it up I had an akbaa stone in the inventory. I filled him with fireballs till I was out of potions (about 30-40 of them), then I hacked at him with the sword for about an hour. I gave up, then remembered about the stone in the inventory. Sure enough, when I went back without the stone, all was well & Akbaa died a painful & embarrassing death. This ought to be a fun bug for the programmers to decipher. I'm a programmer too, but I actually enjoy finding out what causes these little glitches, and them fixing them. Anyhow, Thanx again Dood.
Post Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:19 am
Dood
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

ID10T16 - Glad you were able to solve the problem and finish the game. Congrats!
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:18 am