Mage robes and some other issues
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
m00nchile
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Mage robes and some other issues

I'm in chap 5 now and looking to complete everything i can. I only wonder, is the High robe of fire the best armour a mage gets?
80/80/40/40 in quite sufficient, but it would be nice if i got some better protection for the Halls of Irdorath.
Oh and one more thing, i learnt how to make the wave of death rune, but when i go to the rune table, i don't get the option to create 6th circle runes. Could it be because i didn't bother to learn any 5th circle ones?
And one last thing
I have 80 strenght and use the Orc Slayer (65 dmg), is there any better one-handed sword that i could buy/find?
Thx
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:33 am
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

You already have the best armor available to Mages, to augment it you would need a certain Ring found in a cave beside the Mayapyramid (lots of black goblins and golems in there) and you will also receive an amulet from Pyrokar which will further boost your armor rating. All in all you will have 110/110/60/60 (if I remember rightly) if you equip all of these items.

I don't know how the game handles it with runes if you haven't learned a to create a rune of a specific circle, since I created a Summon Demon rune for fifth circle.

For mages this will be the best of one-handed weapons you will find, besides the El Bastardo and the Tortureaxe (if it is called that way in the English version) which have the same stats as the Orc Slayer.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:46 am
SheerWolf
Village Leader
Village Leader

I actually played through the game as both a Paladin and Magician before realizing that the Eye of Innos grants me +15 protection to all resistances hehe. At least I found it out as a Mercenary. My Magician and Paladin wore the +15 STR amulet instead.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:16 am
Delo
City Guard
City Guard

make sure you have *both* reagents needed for this: black pearl, and a skeletons bone (i think), a blank runestone, and the spell scroll.

even though the book says you only need ONE of the ingredients there, it doesnt mean you need one of the ones listed, it means you need one of EACH of the ones listed. that had me confused for a while but i ended up figuring it out. sometimes the translations get a little sketchy but you can figure them out.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:01 am
m00nchile
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I have all the ingredients, but the option to create 6th circle runes just doesn't appear. I'll get a level up and learn a 5th circle rune to see if that was the problem.
EDIT: It wasn't the problem I simply don't get the dialog for the 6th circle spells, all i get is spells for cicrle 1-5 + secret of the library. No 6th circle. I want my Wave of Death *sob sob*.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:48 am
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Concerning Dialogs, now I remember, sometimes, a part of the options is hidden becasue the Dialog window is not large enough to display all options. Did you try pressing down at the option that is at the bottom? If it doesn't appear then, I don't know what the problem could be.
Post Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:39 pm
m00nchile
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The last option in the dialog window is END.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:02 pm
mallow
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Tough luck.

Nah... but uh, are you totally 100% sure you are "Circle 6" in the first place?

Also.. if you want better protection, just steal Xardas' robe, it's good.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:06 pm
m00nchile
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I think I am pretty literate and can read enough to see Circle 6 in my stats.
And, I already learned the Wave of Death from Pyrokar and he doesn't tech you how to make 6th circle runes until he trains you to the 6th circle...
Btw: mallow, did you play Super Mario RPG?
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:19 am