Dagoth Goblet in the ruins??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Fasttrak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Dagoth Goblet in the ruins??

Looking for a Dagoth goblet in ruins and have been all through them and found nothing like that. This is for the Ashlander given quest for my third trial. any help at all would be appreciated.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 6:47 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

It is not in the main fort part. got back outside and you will see two or three other doors. It is in one of those.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 8:18 am
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

I found one in the dwarven ruins that lie directly to the east of Dagoth Ur. Nefeul... somethin that begins like that. Anyway, you have to have a sharp eye.. it IS slightly distinct looking however as it has prong-like extensions around the four corners of the cup and is also filled with blood.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 3:30 pm
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

I found one in the dwarven ruins that lie directly to the east of Dagoth Ur. Nefeul... somethin that begins like that. Anyway, you have to have a sharp eye.. it IS slightly distinct looking however as it has prong-like extensions around the four corners of the cup and is also filled with blood.
Post Tue May 21, 2002 3:30 pm
Fasttrak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Welp, I have each of the locations mentioned here to find one of these friggin cups to no avail. I have gone back to every Dwemer\Dwarven ruin and any location that might have one of these cups and none are to be seen. I now have a pile of cups, goblets and pitchers sitting around the guys hut who gave the damn quest. Finally tiring of this I went to the extreme of using the console to insert one of these cups and he still will not accept the three items in my inventory. I have the corprus weepings, the shield and the inserted Dagoth Ur cup and no go. At this point I have spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for the dumbest item to prove myself to this idiot whom I could trounce with a few swings of my sword. does anyone have any suggestions for me as it seems my game is bugged with none of these goblets anywhere and cheating does not pay...
Post Sat May 25, 2002 4:04 am
Mr. Neutron
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Same Problem

Is it found on a corpse? Just hope I didn't dispose of it. I somehow managed to walk past the bright green shadow shield several times, so maybe if I just keep looking.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 3:10 am
Sadufipo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Good lord man. Go back to the top of that temple where you find the shadow shield. Look in the far right little house. It's just frikkin sitting there.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 2:22 pm

Welp, you most not reads my posts very clearly as I stated I have searched all the ruins in this vacinity and every other of its type for such a goblet and in fact collected numerous cups, goblets and pitchers of which none are of the correct type. For some odd reason my game has none of these items anywhere. At this point I have only two or three unexplored sites on the map and then I give up.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 10:35 pm

TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Your game is not "bugged" or whatever. Everyone else finds it. Either you already picked it up and sold it or you aren't looking in the right place. I reloaded an old saved game and will give specific directions.

1. Type at console: coc kogoruhn
2. Head North East to the far right corner door but do not enter.
3. Turn South and go to the door below: Dome of Pollock's Eve.
4. Enter the dome and Kill Dagoth Girer.
5. Turn to face the entrance door.
6. On your right is a table. On the Table is a Bowl and a bench. On the bench is a stool. On the stool is a Yellow Glass Bowl. See it?
7. On that table beside that bowl sits the House Dagoth Cup. It is black and filled with what appears to be blood. See it?

If not, I know there is a second one somewhere because I found it later on in the game past this point.
Post Tue May 28, 2002 11:57 pm

Dagoth goblet

I have had the same problem locating the cup of Dagoth Ur. This goblet is not to be found at Kogoruhn. I have looked in ALL the domed areas on the roof there. Let me emphasize, I have looked in the "Eye of Pollock" or whatever room that is called, and the cup is not there. The benches and chairs are stacked on each other with two bowls as they are supposed to be, but no goblet. I haven't been to this room previously in the game as far as I know, as the Dagoth whomever was there and had to be killed when I initially went in, but no cup. I have inserted the cup into my inventory from the construction set, but the head of the Aslander tribe still asks for the three items before he will reveal the third quest for the Nevarine. I have corprus weepings x3, I have the Shadow Shield. I even have the cheated Dagoth Ur cup in my inventory, but he won't allow me to proceed. Any help from anyone would be appreciated greatly. Thank you in advance.

P.S. Please don't tell me where the cup is located, because I assure you it is not present in my game. I don't know why, but that it isn't. I understand where it is supposed to be, and that it is easy to overlook things in this game. However, I have looked over, under and on those benches. I have levitated up and landed on the top of them. I have taken the bowls off of them and left them completely bare. I have even gone as far as placing the console-inserted Dagoth cup, which the chief Aslander still wouldn't accept, on the bench to get a basis of comparison. I PROMISE it isn't there.
Thank you.
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 9:10 pm

Myscha the sled dog
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ironic

Ironic I just did this part moments ago-
After whiping out everything and getting the shield and the crud I searched all over for the goblet.

It's in one room hut on the sirface where you encounter only one of those ascended sleeper mind flayer looking things.

Like most items it's dark black and hard to spot, but it's on a table with a spinning wheel on it or something.

LOL and what's with these half dead zombies making chairs stacks and drawing voodoo symbols on the ground in chalk heh! i thought that was funny stuff.

I wonder what world builder spent 45 minutes on a friday afternoon stacking those gold coins into the same "satanic symbol" !

There is a nice glass shield and armor set in those dungeons where the three dead adventurers are -and one on a dark elf dead in in a nearby ruin as well.

The loot in the game is pretty fun stuff
Post Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:30 pm

I appreciate it, but I know where the goblet is supposed to be...I really do. It isn't there. It really isn't. What I was hoping was that someone could help me by either telling me where another Dagoth Ur cup, or how to use the console command to change the script on the Aslander chief to pretend like he actually accepted the three objects and is ready to tell me about the third trial. Thanks.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:24 am