Killing with honor as an Assassin.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Death
Village Leader
Village Leader

Killing with honor as an Assassin.

I try the first mission that was given to me by the Assassins Guild leader, but every time I kill the target I get a crime report and a message about the writ I have saying something about killing with honor or something and the jornal also says about killing the target with honor.

So how do I kill with honor so that I don't get a crime report? I killed the guy twice and I had to reload after the first time thinking I did someting wrong. But I just killed him again and I had the same messages.

Thanks in advanced
Post Wed May 22, 2002 4:25 am
Doomisnear
Village Leader
Village Leader

Maybe this is a stupid thing to ask, but how are you killing him? I guess even assassins need some honor. Are you sneaking up on him and making it quick or slow and sloppy? Maybe they want you to give him a chance to fight back.
Post Wed May 22, 2002 7:39 am

Just kill him and present the writ to the nearest guard and your crime record will be clean
Post Wed May 22, 2002 11:18 am

can't avoid the first killing crime, just don't get caught
Post Thu May 23, 2002 12:46 pm

RickPlexiglass
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes, you can infact avoid the killing crime

You need reasonable personality and speechcraft. The idea is you taunt them to attack you, as soon as they attack, you are in 'it was self defence Mr policeman' mode. I've not had bounty after any assasination yet. Also, if you have to take out someone with a lot of friends, the friends won't attack you if they see it is their mate attacked you first

Hope that helps

RP

PS. This also works for getting at rich people who you just fancy robbing
Post Thu May 23, 2002 6:21 pm
maddog0606
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Never been able to get the first assassination by taunting. The only option I've seen on the first assassination NPC is "Goodby". So, what I do is pick his pocket and go from there. He attacks me and, if I survive, I only pay a fine for picking his pocket and not for murder.

Me: "But officer, he attacked me after I tried to rob him. It was self defense, honest"

The Law: "Okay, you need to pay a 24 credit fine this time, but don't let it happen again."
Post Thu May 23, 2002 8:05 pm
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

Killing with honor just means you are not going to kill him for no reason (atleast that is how I inturpret it) I always talk to the person beofre I attack him just jut attack him. The fine is for killing him and has nothing to do with not killing him honorably. Remember, even with the writ, it is still murder...
Post Thu May 23, 2002 8:30 pm
Shadeling
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

If you get the message that a crime has been reported it doesn't matter because that's why you have the writ, to absolve you of any consequences. Like a guest said before, just present it to the guards that come at you and your record will be wiped clean. No need to taunt, pick pocket or anything like that to get the job done.

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe
Post Thu May 23, 2002 9:07 pm
RickPlexiglass
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Good point maddog... Now I think about it, I think I did kill him without taunt... but then I ran back to the thieves guild to pay the fine.

The reason I Taunt (or pay theives guild) is because I'm carrying a bag load of stolen potions, clothes, weapons, etc. If the law catches you, they accept the writ but reclaim all your stolen goods!

RP
Post Fri May 24, 2002 1:00 pm
Shadeling
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Oooh, I see. I'm just playing an assassin, not a thief so I don't ever experience that problem. Now I understand. Maybe someone can make a mod for that, it is kinda strange that the guards have this innate ability to see every single stolen item on the person they approach.

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe
Post Sat May 25, 2002 6:19 pm
Brenner
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

bastard guards will pilfer all of your soulgems too, should you be carrying any.
Post Sun May 26, 2002 12:59 pm