Volcano dragon invulnerable
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Locoman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Volcano dragon invulnerable

I have a problem: I killed the ice dragon, the swamp dragon, and the rock dragon, reporting back to the paladin commander at the old camp castle after killing each dragon, but after killing the rock dragon, my only dragon-related conversation choice was "I killed all the dragons." I think I even moved on to the next chapter. I got the Paladin armor and went on board the Paladin's ship, but the only crew member I have recruited is Girion. Now I can't crew the ship. I've talked to everyone I come across (even the nameless "extras" like Man-at-arms, knight, mercenary, even farmers), and I never get a conversation option regarding the ship or crewing the ship.

I tried to go back and kill the dragon in the vaolcano (yes, I charged the Eye and talked to the dragon), but it is invulnerable to my attacks. I did get his hoard, but that is small consolation since I seem to have broken the story.

Did I screw the pooch somehow by not killing the dragons in some particular order? I started a new game (a flimsy excuse to play more Gothic 2 - as if I needed any excuse other than it being the best RPG I've ever played), but I would like to finish this one after progressing so far.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:11 am
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

this is a bug that many games have... many people have trouble with this bug... if you read a walktrough, you'll see every walktrough talked about this bug.

i think the dragon is invulnarible becuase you past the chapter dragon hunting and the game don't consentrate itself on the dragon anymore, the game thinks you already killed this dragon.

there is only 1 option, load a game where your still in ch4 and kill the fire-dragon.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:41 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Itīs a well known bug. The solution can be found in the troubleshooting FAQ.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:11 am
methusala
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I've never had this bug and I've played Gothic 2 through 3 times plus Gothic 2 and the expansion once.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:34 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by methusala
I've never had this bug and I've played Gothic 2 through 3 times plus Gothic 2 and the expansion once.

The UK version?
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:58 am
Locoman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks, Gorath. I'll check out the troubleshooting FAQ.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:36 pm