Stuck on Milita Quest
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Richardb
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Stuck on Milita Quest

Im stuck on the militia quest : Im supposed to go to Lombarts farm and help him with something, but the problem is that i already killed him in the beggining of the game.. i have performed the "thieves guild quest" and the "SwampWeed quest" , i wonder: if Lombart was alive and i would have done that quest would there have been another availible for me? or was that the last milita quest?..
Post Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:31 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Why did you kill Lobart? You missed 3 easy quests because he's dead now. Pffft
Killing field raiders the first one, getting a potion for his wife was a second one and killing some orcs much later as part of a paladin quest.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:32 am
Richardb
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i killed him because i was lazy in the beggining of the game and instead of working for my farmer clothes i stole them from him.. can i still become a paladin?
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:57 pm
Drake14
Brigadier General

i'm sure that you can still become a paladin as there are many other quests for you to do
Post Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:55 pm
Richardb
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

the biggest problem is that i tried to go into the valley of mines,but i was totally crushed by all the orcs and lizard mans.. so i thought i would prepare myself and gain som lvl up before i go in there..
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:33 am
Drake14
Brigadier General

oooooh, i get your point, you can't go onto other missions untill you complete this one, i'm not sure what to tell ya, if no1 else can tell you then you may have to start over, srry i couldn't help any more
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:41 am
Richardb
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i can still follow the mainquest i think, and if i dont complete the mission within a certain time Lord Andre will tell me i failed, at least he did so with the thiefsguild mission..
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:46 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You can continue with the main line. You can kill a bunch of monsters for exp before you leave. If you start over though, don't tell Lord Andre you've found the thieves guild else he'll send militia down to kill them.. You don't have to tangle with the orcs in ch 2. There's plenty you can do to avoid the orcs.

Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:50 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

If you really are faced with having to start over, you could try a cheat to correct the situation first. Go into marvin mode and bring Lobart back from the dead.

To do this, go to your status screen (type either "c" or "s"), type "marvin", then exit status screen ("c" or "s" again). Then focus on a dead NPC, type "o" to possess them and press F8. The NPC will now be alive and healthy. Focus back on your hero ("Me") and press "o" again to return. Hopefully now you can proceed without having to start over.

That said, I think you will enjoy playing G2 multiple times (at least once each for mage, merc and paladin) as the story line changes for each profession and there always seems to be something new to find if you are willing to take your time and explore everything.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:26 pm
Richardb
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thanks a lot man! im going to test it right away! .. offcourse i could play g2 again as a merc, but it would be annoying to start over, i have done så many small things, small quests and stuff like that and its no fun to start over =)
Post Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:21 pm
Richardb
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

damnit, now im stuck again! im in the valley of mines and im supposed t find three scraper patrols, but i dont find them.. i have found the first one, a guy named "macros" , he was behind a house with a red roof, not far from the castle.. but the other two i cant find! i have been searching for them everywhere but i dont find them.. plz help me =)
Post Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:02 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Head out ram, go directly to river, turn right. Don't cross river, pass under the cliff and natural bridge. If you keep following right wall, you come to a cut with Diego. Get his report. When you leave you should see an old watchtower. Pass to the right of the watchtower and you should see the fence where Fajeth's mining site is. Use Gerond's map, it should help.

Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:37 am