Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What are the best *items* to enchant (can hold the most)?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Dezran
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I just enchanted an Ebony Staff with

Soultrap 25 seconds on Target
Fire Damage 11-20 on Target
Frost Damage 11-20 on Target
Shock Damage 11-20 on Target

Casts when strikes.

Took a LOT of playing around with the numbers to get it right, but it comes to exactly 90.

Works GREAT too, trapped 3 Ascended Sleepers with it so far
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 3:11 am
Guest Dare

According to the strategy guide the best item to enchant is a Spear.
I won't say anything more than that because I don't know if its accurate.
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:18 am

Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Guest Dare
According to the strategy guide the best item to enchant is a Spear.

The Daedric Spear has 150 points according to the OSG.
This may be the best weapon to enchant, but a Daedric Tower Shield has 225 points. I just enchanted one, and that figure is correct.
Ð
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:06 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Did you guys read anything I wrote?

There are two numbers in circulation for enchantment capacity. TES CS and OSG use the same internal numbers, while this thread keeps talking about what you see in the game. The difference is 10 times. Daedric spear does NOT have 150 points. It has 15(!) points.

The best weapon is Umbra Sword at 250 (that's 2500 for those who insist quoting strategy guide), but it's enchanted already so you can't do anything with it. Next best item is Ebony Staff at 90 (that's 900 for the strategy guide challanged ). This one is enchantable and is by far the weapon with the most capacity. Next best enchantable weapon is Bonemold Long Bow at 40 (400 for the confused ones). Then deadric staff, dai-katana and claymore at 21 (210 in alternative nomenclature).

90 points of enchant on the Ebony Staff make it the absolutely most unbeliavably overpowering item in the game. You can enchant something like Absorb Health 100 points for 3 seconds on it. That's 300 points damage to your enemy and 300 points regeneration to you, on hit. There are only 4 NPCs in the game that have more than 300 health points. There are also about 6-7 types of monsters that have more than 300 hp (that includes all the gods as well). In fact, the strongest creature in the game, being god Vivec has 3000hp. So 10 hits from this staff would kill him. And that's 10 hits inflicted as fast as you can click your mouse button, since it's the magic that does the hp draining.
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 2:02 pm
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by MoonDragon
Did you guys read anything I wrote?

There are two numbers in circulation for enchantment capacity. TES CS and OSG use the same internal numbers, while this thread keeps talking about what you see in the game. The difference is 10 times. Daedric spear does NOT have 150 points. It has 15(!) points.

Well... sorry... but I am still confused: My OSG shows 225 points in a Daedric Tower Shield, and I just enchanted one with 225 points...????
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 8:54 pm
Nim
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Daedric Tower Shield

I can confirm that the Daedric Tower Shield is 200+; I took one off a Golden Saint in one of the Dunmer ruins, and I was a bit surprised when I saw how much enchantment it would hold
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:06 pm
daFrog
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Its kind of a waste putting multi-second effects on weapons. That dadric staff can hold a 100 pt abosrb health at 50' radius (cast-on-strike). Far more effective than a 3 sec effect which doesn't stack. Even if you don't want a radius effect, a 100 pt instantaneous effect will be cheaper (charge wise) and do the same damage (unless your blunt skill is so bad you hit less than every 3 secs).
Post Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:27 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

If you want moderately high enchant values on stylish clothes, look here.
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 2:41 am
Malachyte
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I tried out an experiment one time, I actually stole Vivee's soul (you know, big yoga elven guy in Vivec) in the azura gem he's worth 1000 charges.

heh heh.
Post Sat Jun 08, 2002 11:39 pm
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

quote:
Originally posted by Malachyte
I tried out an experiment one time, I actually stole Vivee's soul (you know, big yoga elven guy in Vivec) in the azura gem he's worth 1000 charges.

heh heh.

Is there anyone else in the game legally worth more soul points?

I killed all the ash-vampire Dagoth members before getting the Azura Star. I havent seen anyone higher then the Golden Valkerie rip offs, and the Ascended Mind Flayer look-alikes. Some of the lesser Dagoth family members dont even break 330 charges.
Post Sun Jun 09, 2002 5:38 pm
Prgrmr@wrk

My mistake

Doh, that ring has a VALUE of 240, sorry for that. Don't blame me, I've been playing since... uh... may. This makes my eleventh day straight of all gaming, except for last thursday. Brain unfunction, outlander talk too much
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:41 am

MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

I did a quick scan through the CS listing for monsters and it seems ascended sleepers and golden saints have largest souls worth 400 points (except vivec that is).
Post Tue Jun 11, 2002 7:51 pm
Drefran

a WHAT??

rhys...
what did you mean by

Well, I finally got Azura's Star and created an Amulet of the Wee Saint to summon a golden saint

And how did you make it?[/quote]
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:23 pm

Prgrmr@wrk
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I can confirm the daedric shields. I just looked it up in the editor, and ingame last night.

Daedric regular shield is 150 total pts.
Daedric tower shield is 225 (2250 for you editor ppl)
Post Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:55 pm
Rhys

Er...

>Well, I finally got Azura's Star and created an Amulet of the Wee Saint to summon a golden
>saint

Didn't mean to mislead you into thinking I did something cooler than I actually did. I just took a good-sized soul gem (can't remember from what) and made an amulet that summoned a golden saint for 30 seconds. Since you can attack your own summons, I then used Azura's star to grab the soul of a summoned golden saint, and thus now have an endless supply of golden saint souls.

-->Rhys
Post Fri Jun 14, 2002 7:56 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2