Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
number of shadow quests (some spoilage.. ok alot)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

Hi.

So, i decided to join the oc as level 13 because i was running out of things to kill apart from the orcs, and i read that it might screw up a later quest if i do. anyway, i'm in the middle of the first mission for the shadows (seek out the ... go to the mine and do the ...) and i am in the mine and find the nest. 2-3 hits per mine-crawler and they go down, and they aren't even touching me. so needless to say - headlong into the fray and i leave in my wake a path of dead giant ant things that make webs like spiders. I get down to the nest and I figure what the hell, i'm there - i might as well kill the egg laying freak. 15 seconds later, she's slumped over, dead, and everyone congratulates me. I am told by the sect loonies that i am to retun with the news, and on my way up i am told to see thorus. I fugure what the hell, it is on the way to the swamp, why not? so he makes me a guard and i'm thinking, what the hell?

To the point. how many shadow missions are there supposed to be anyway? Did i end up skipping a bunch because i killed the ant farm?

while i am at it, if i become a guard, does that preclude my ability to later become a fire mage? or am i stuck becoming a mage from one of the other sects?
Post Fri Dec 07, 2001 11:57 am

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Sounds okay. YouŽll reenter the normal storyline when you return to the swamp camp.

You can (officially) only become fire mage OR guard. When Thorus offers to make you are guard you can also go to the fire mages.
Rumor has it you can become both if you time the two job offers in a cunning way.
Post Fri Dec 07, 2001 12:10 pm

Thanks for the tip, I will play around a bit. or i will finish the game twice - i don't want to miss out on being a mage.
Post Fri Dec 07, 2001 12:30 pm