Am I bugged in Anskram???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Will
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Am I bugged in Anskram???

I stood in front of the large door which doesn't open. Saw the window to the right but nothing happens. Can't find the levers or way behind window.

finally gave up and tried the trap key on porticullas door.....nothing happened

OK lets get out the way I came I thought. The red transparent wall which I busted reappeared except this time I cannot hit it......nothing happens.

I use quick save mostly (idiot) Think I am (^(&(?? or is there another way either in or out.
Post Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:51 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

OK several answers for you...

1) The busted wall will remain red if you have perception (which you do, since it's red). Breaking the wall doesn't clear the "hot zone marker" for the perception skill. You can still get thru.

2) The "front door" of the inner keep cannot be opened from the outside. At this point in the game, you can't do anything with the porticulis either.

3) Since ya can't get in the "front door", perhaps there's a "back door"...

4) As best I can tell, you have no buggies right now. The bug I warned you about on the other thread comes into play when you enter the inner keep via the back door. Don't leave the inner keep until you've killed the uber-imp! (actually, there's a workaround if you mess up, but it's not real pleasant)
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:27 pm
Will
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Getting into inner Anskram

The door doesn't open you say at this point of the game. Should I come back to it latte......Am I going to get something.

I was trying to open the Portticulus (whatever) from the inside. I was given a trap key in Drangheim (trap key ) which I thought would work.

Thoughts or Anskram spoilers appreciated.
Thanks
Will
Post Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:11 pm
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

To get the porticullus lowered there is a lever in the winch room on the roof. It is VERY hard to find ... it took me a good 10 minutes (it is a small room). I finally found it by casting a light spell, turning off all the lights in the RL room I was in, cranking the gamma correction up to about 60%, and running the cursor v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y over all the likely objects. I finally found one. I THINK the lever was on the wall facing the gates. I wish I could be more helpful .... but I only played through once, and then gave the game away.
Post Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:11 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

OK, let's try this-

1) You got a quest in Sturmhold to clear the imps. To do that, you will enter the back of the inner keep via a door on the second floor. When you're done killing them, you can leave via the front door (the locked one near the porticulis). This is the part where you must not leave until ALL the imps are dead.

2) You got a quest in Drangheim to open the drawbridge and porticulis. Lintra gave you good instructions for the porticulis. The key you have opens a trapdoor in the roof of the gatehouse. For the drawbridge, you must (IIRC) have someone with bow skill. Shoot arrows at the chains. There are no bugs that I know of with this quest, although the incredibly dark gatehouse is unnecessarily annoying.

BTW, I'm pretty good at the first two cities because I restarted the game a couple times. Once you get past the third city, you're pretty much on your own. I got so disgusted that I uninstalled and fired up Wiz8 again at that point. Lintra will be your best bet from there on.

One other little tidbit for you- be extremely careful when you talk to NPCs that give promotions (like the crusader guy in Drangheim). You get one AND ONLY ONE chance to accept, and every character you want to undertake the promo MUST complete the conversation before you leave the "talking screen".
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:34 pm