22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author Thread
bolopunq
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

what i don't like about MW

well, which one of these options bugs you most? i think there was a similar thread but now i hope to gather some graphical stats via a poll the things i came up with, all bug me at a certain level, but i'd say the freakin birds are the biggest pain in the ass for me. feel free to elaborate on other things that bother you and are not in the poll.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 7:05 pm
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

I voted for the birds - but only to express that I have nearly nothing that bugs me
Post Mon May 13, 2002 7:43 pm
KPeh
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

None of the above. (Since I'm a mage, destruction flys the brids instantly. Archers should also haev no problem).
Post Mon May 13, 2002 7:58 pm
Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I voted fro performance issues. Really they're not they're not particular bad for me, but they can be bothers. I include the infomous Demon of Drop To Desktop and the ever present but usually not significant Elder Beast of Frame Reduction. The birds are a pisser too, but I found a good use for them - target practice.

Actually, some of things that I would of voted for but where not present in your poll:

1) Lack of NPC reaction to Day/Night cycle.
2) Lack of seasonal weather patterns.
2) Ineffective traps (almost all traps are worthless).
3) Lack of cursed items.
4) No Brothels...
Post Mon May 13, 2002 8:02 pm
OhBrandi
The Pun-Slayer
The Pun-Slayer

quote:
Originally posted by Hyperion

Actually, some of things that I would of voted for but where not present in your poll:

4) No Brothels...

Not so. I have heard rumors of brothels, and actually found one. Since this is in General and not Spoiler, I won't mention WHERE.

=Member of The Nonflamers' Guild=
=Neverwinter Nights Co-Moderator=
Post Mon May 13, 2002 8:25 pm
Xiron Darkheart
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Had to vote performance! The only problem I have is the gradual decay of my game. First hour or so it run fast and furious but then it starts to slow down , lag , and get choppy. Reboot , all fixed for another hour or so. At least I can play , more than I can say for alot of people.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 8:40 pm
MightyDeer
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Ok game but .....but great

After Gothic,
Iam just disappointed on the NPCs in th Morrwind.
Another thing is the combat system is just boring, No fancy move, nor combo like in Gothic.
The only thing I called bud is the opening door and sometime stuck your char at the door.

Everything else is good.
Post Mon May 13, 2002 9:57 pm
bolopunq
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

well, i have nothing to do with missiles of any kind since i'm a nord barbarian warrior who uses an axe to make his way through the dangers of MW, so the birds are a drag
Post Tue May 14, 2002 5:31 pm
Xanaki
Ghost of Asheron
Ghost of Asheron

The birds are by far the most annoying thing (when game content is considered) so far. I am level 22 custom mage character with blunt weapons and light armor, I can kick the shit out of the birds but they tend to come in groups.. and OFTEN! When wandering outside I find myself fighting against those pesky birdies all the time, slowing down my travel considerably.

ALthough I can kill the bird with one hit using my Bone Crusher Still annoying as heck..
Post Tue May 14, 2002 6:57 pm
Loremaster
Village Leader
Village Leader

None of those things disappoints or annoys me, in fact nothing about the game does. I'm not saying its perfect, but after playing pretty well all computer adventures and role-playing games since 1983 (and online since 1997) I'd have to say without hesitation that this is the best I've seen.

Its hard at the moment to conceive of a game being better than this, not simply because of how it plays at the moment but because of the endless possibilities offered by the construction set. Already we have plug-ins that offer new quests, new races, new classes, a bug fix, balance fixes etc.

It may just be that Neverlaunch Nights will be that better game, if so then I shall be a happy bunny indeed because to be better it will have to be superlative, but my guess is Morrowind will get the vote for the best game of the year.
Post Tue May 14, 2002 11:48 pm
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

I was about to vote, then I realized none of the answers applied to me...*shrugs*
Post Wed May 15, 2002 12:35 am