Renewable Resources?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Renewable Resources?

I've done most of what can be done in the first chapter before you go off to one of the other camps. Anyway, I think I have.

But I don't want to go travelling yet. I would rather build up some stats. However, I'm finding it hard to find scavengers or molerats now and they are just about the only things I can kill.

Do the mushrooms and berries re-grow and the monsters re-spawn?

Thanks.
Post Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:26 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Some. After a chapter change.
Post Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:32 pm
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

But if you killed 3 scavangers in one place, after they respawn there will be probably just 1 scavi there.
Post Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:38 pm
Rice Lord
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
But I don't want to go travelling yet. I would rather build up some stats. However, I'm finding it hard to find scavengers or molerats now and they are just about the only things I can kill

?? I remember that after I killed most of the scavangers and molerats,and did the quests I was able to take on bloodflyes or even lizards and wolves...
...if u whanna build up your stats before you join a kamp then be sure to buy an armor (Diggers Trousers (lol)) and a sword (Diggers Disciple)...then I think that you can easely take on a wolf or two..
..I recomend you save your money and join a kamp...they give you free armor and you can increase your stats after you get it ...you can even take on a small pack (of wolves) after that ...
..oh,you have to be a level 5 to join the kamp,be sure to do all the quests !!
Post Thu Mar 27, 2003 8:34 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

Talk to mordrag, he'll take you to the New Camp, and kill everything along the way for you, and you';ll get the XP! Once there, you can go to the New Mine and get a free pair of diggers trousers off the owner of the mine, just tell him you cam to work for him (then skip work for the rest of the game )
Post Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:09 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

No spoilers.

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:13 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

ehe thnx for the free mine clothes didnt know that hehe
Post Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:05 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

heh...sorry Toaster....would you give me my toast now? I can smell them burning...
Post Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:31 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Thanks for that advice. I'll do that. I'll look for the armor you mentioned. I was thinking of getting either the 250 or 500 ore outfits that Fisk has but that's a lot of ore to come up with in the beginning of the game.

I did manage to kill a wolf legitimately. I got up on a ledge with a bow. The wolf couldn't reach me. That was fun.

However, I lost a few of the lizards to the guards. It seems that if you engage them in battle and run, they'll start heading down the gully at the top of the screen and end up at the gate where the guards and the two diggers get them.

I fnally got so frustrated with one lizard that kept killing me that I used the cheat. That wasn't fun at all. Of course I killed all the lizards, but it took away all the fun. I'd rather save the cheating for when I really can't get out of a fight or win it than for just stat building stats. Now I'll just have to unlearn "marvin."

quote:
Originally posted by Rice Lord
quote:
But I don't want to go travelling yet. I would rather build up some stats. However, I'm finding it hard to find scavengers or molerats now and they are just about the only things I can kill

?? I remember that after I killed most of the scavangers and molerats,and did the quests I was able to take on bloodflyes or even lizards and wolves...
...if u whanna build up your stats before you join a kamp then be sure to buy an armor (Diggers Trousers (lol)) and a sword (Diggers Disciple)...then I think that you can easely take on a wolf or two..
..I recomend you save your money and join a kamp...they give you free armor and you can increase your stats after you get it ...you can even take on a small pack (of wolves) after that ...
..oh,you have to be a level 5 to join the kamp,be sure to do all the quests !!

Post Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:28 am
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

I killed a shadowbeast without damage before I joined a camp.

To do this you must do a quest for the sect camp. The guy that will follow you to the sect camp is invincible, so just let him take all the blows that the shadowbeast deals out while you are hitting and killing the beast,

Very simple...
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:39 am