Usergroups
Can someone make me a list??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Can anyone make a list with all the names of the people that shouldn't be killed? That way I know who I can kill without keeping me from being able to beat the game.

I haven't beat the game yet, so I am afraid of getting someone killed that plays an essential role later on.

Thanks, SirDiety

[ This Message was edited by: SirDiety on 2002-01-14 17:26 ]
Post Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:25 pm
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

actually the most important people in the game are invinsable, some become vinsable again near the end, but if they do, you are aloud to kill em any way..
you shouldnt 'kill' people, just beat them untill they have no health and fall over, (make sure u use a sword and not an arrow, arrows and bolts 'finish them off' like the stab with the sword does.)
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 12:16 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Why does everyone say you shouldn't kill anyone? Its a "rule"?? If you weren't supposed to kill anyone then why is it possible? It's just a game, not like I am doing a terrible thing is it? Why does it matter if I kill them or not to you guys? I'm not trying to sound mean, I just don't understand where your coming from. If all the important people can't be killed then what do you all care if I kill the non-important ones? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the feedback, but let me know why 3 people have already told me why I shouldn't kill anyone. Is it because you consider it cheating? Fill me in.

Thanks, SirDiety
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 2:15 am
Manrico
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If it makes you happy kill the suckers. It doesn't affect the game in any way.
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 3:16 am
Tempered
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

List of people not to kill:
1. Yourself
end of list : )
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 4:48 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:

On 2002-01-14 20:15, SirDiety wrote:
Why does everyone say you shouldn't kill anyone? Its a "rule"?? If you weren't supposed to kill anyone then why is it possible? It's just a game, not like I am doing a terrible thing is it? Why does it matter if I kill them or not to you guys? I'm not trying to sound mean, I just don't understand where your coming from. If all the important people can't be killed then what do you all care if I kill the non-important ones? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the feedback, but let me know why 3 people have already told me why I shouldn't kill anyone. Is it because you consider it cheating? Fill me in.

Thanks, SirDiety

There are people, you can kill and you should not kill. It is true - most important characters are imortal. But not all.
Just do not kill people with specific name. You do not need it. If you want their weapons or something, just beat them with melee weapon and rob them.
Maybe later, you can kill some of them.
----------
Example:
In new camp, I should get hut from some man with specific name (I think, Gorn gave this quest). Because I was ranger without knowledge of using melee weapon, I used bow and killed him. It wasnot right way. I did not get exp. points and Gorn said to me, that it was not right.
----------
So maybe if you kill somebody, it will not mean, that you will not be able to finish game, but....
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:05 am
RingWrath
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

why do you want to 'kill' any one?!
theres no point, and you just get in trouble
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:05 am
Tempered
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

If the guy wants to commit pointless homicide, let him. Just don't understand why he's asking for a list if he's set on killing everything in sight.
People are telling you to just beat em up instead of killing them so that all the bases are covered, instead of sitting down and writing up a list for you. If you knock them out, but don't finish them off, you still get their loot and the experience for beating them. If you kill them, there is a chance that you've killed an important character. So to be on the safe side, just beat them up real good.

[ This Message was edited by: Tempered on 2002-01-15 03:16 ]
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:11 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

First of all, I have only killed two people intentionally so far. Mordred, because Thorus more or less instructed me to do so, and the Baal in the Orc Cemetary because he wouldn't stop attacking me, and because it seemed like it was what I was "supposed" to do. When I trained beasts into the camp, I only intended to get the "unnamed" people killed because it was early in the game and I wanted some cool stuff. ...With the exception of the guy that was always asking me to pay 10 ore, he just annoyed me, so I did intentionally get him killed- but I didn't get MY hands dirty. The reason why I asked for a list was not so I could kill everyone that wasn't on the list, but so I would know in the future if I ever get someone vital to the game killed accidentally. For example, the guy I explained from the Sect. Camp that I got killed... the water drowned him. I didn't intend for him to die, it just happened, and I wanted to know if I screwed myself by making that mistake. Understandable now? And to cover the issue of "pointless homicide," getting guards killed by training beasts into the camp is not piontless. In the beginning of the game it is VERY rewarding. Getting the guard that asks for the 10 ore everytime I passed him killed, was not piontless, it was saving my ass from having to pay 10 ore everytime I wanted to take a stroll through my camp. Drawing the conclusion that I am set on "killing everything in sight" is highly illogical... besides all that, training beasts into the camp is a BLAST to watch! If you haven't tried it yet, then your missing out. I thought it was really cool to watch. But anyway, my original questions were answered a few posts ago, so thanks everyone for your feedback. I appreciate it.

Thanks, SirDiety

[ This Message was edited by: SirDiety on 2002-01-15 08:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: SirDiety on 2002-01-15 08:17 ]
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 2:14 pm
Shrapnel
Rocket Scientist
Rocket Scientist

Diety, its cool if you want to kill everyone
Its not that you are NOT supposed to do it...
What if there was no message baord and no list of kill and kill-nots? Would you still do it? Probably not cause if you kill the wrong person, your game is screwed. But if you knock them out, you get loot and exp and *no* bad rep as a murderer.
Basically, you could kill everyone. The main plot will always be there, but if you kill off all the side-quest givers that lead you to:
A) More Exp
B) Different parts of the story
C) Continue the main story
Then you could find yourself loading up a new game.
example: You could kill fisk and dexter
but you'd end up killing off two vendors that have stuff you need and killing off 3 quests and the chance at getting into 1 camp.
All of that long-term damage from 2 deaths.
So do like everyone else (or at least me):
Get to a major milestone in the game
(Save it)
Then do devious stuff. If you find out you just made a plot altering move or death, you can always go back to the goody two-shoes saved game and resume the life of a normal person.
And yes, training Orc Warriors, Snappers, Shadow Beasts into town...always a fun sight to see and yes, VERY rewarding for the young player
Post Tue Jan 15, 2002 3:51 pm