Bullco bug
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Mudd
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Bullco bug

I thought the rules of a duel in the merc camp were as long as both combantants draw weapons and you fight till a knockdown then its fine. But when I got the quest to beat up Bullco, and a little after taunting Sylvio, I go in the tavern and Bullco says his little spew and draws his weapon....I draw mine and all the farmers also draw and tell me to put my weapon away. I tried moving outside the bar but they still yell and then attack. Then when I knocked out Bullco, I didnt loot him, but they still yell alarm and the whole camp attacked.

I'm not sure if its a funky bug, or if I'm supposed to just let Bullco knock me down and loot my entire wealth, thn go back and try.....but I dont want to have to slaughter the merc's just cause a farmer dosent understand that I'm not the one that starts this fight.

I hope this is even the right board to post this, was just curious if there is something that needs to be done before fighting, or if this really is some kind of bug.
Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:20 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Itīs a bug. All you can do is ignore this quest if your other savegames also have it.
Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:52 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Itīs a bug. All you can do is ignore this quest if your other savegames also have it.

Hmm. I never drew my weapon in the dining hall. I'd let Bullco talk and run as fast as I could, pressing 2 to ready my bow as I ran.

I finally did him. I got his health down low withthe bow then switched to the sword for the last stroke so as not to kill him. What a tough fight.

Maybe waiting to draw your weapon until outside the house will get you around the bug.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 5:12 am
Byblos
Village Leader
Village Leader

Nah, dont do either things, Just draw your weapon as he does and fight him, dont run out or away or anything Just fight him. If you just stand there and fight him the farmers will realize whats going on and start to cheer and all.
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:23 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

quote:
Originally posted by Byblos
If you just stand there and fight him the farmers will realize whats going on and start to cheer and all.

Exactly. The reason they draw their weapons is that they don't know whom you will fight. But once the fight is underway, they will leave you alone.

But, if the bug persists, then try running away. This usually helps... They ought not to attack you once you're back.
Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:32 pm