Usergroups
Infos about the addon
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Sir RubberDuck
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

If I have 60% in twohanded, but only 30% in one handed, is it gonna cost me 6 lp's to increase 1%?

Do you still need to train one handed on order to become a master in two handed, and vice versa?
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:58 pm
a24710
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

letīs see

iīm gonna start gothic2 shortly, buy i donīt know if i should wait the expansion to be released and play the game with the expansion installed

i donīt care if itīs too dificult, i really like challenges and i finished gothic1 too

so, what should i do?
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:37 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: English Version

quote:
Originally posted by jellylad
Hello all.

This addon does indeed sound very cool. Is it deffinitly getting realeased here in England? I think I read in this post the release date is mid-october. And better guesses floating about?

You think wrong. There is no release date yet. mid October would be possible if PB pushed it _and_ the still to be announced publisher wanted to release it asap. But from a business standpoint this wouldnīt make sense. If we assume that G2 sells rather slowly but consistently and G3 is years away, why would a publisher hurry to release an add-on into a small market? It would be better to wait till after Christmas (--> Feb.) or even till mid next year to broaden the basis. The target audience are people who _bought_ G2!

quote:

Can you only play by starting a new Gothic2 game?

Yes.

quote:

I only ask because I am about to finish chapter 1 and I am thinking about stopping playing and waiting for the addon for 1 big adventure. I think it would be worth it.

Bad idea. You would quit in frustration. The add-on is very difficult. One of the German mags gave it a 9/10 on their difficulty scale.
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:38 pm
jo_nik
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: English Version

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
It would be better to wait till after Christmas (--> Feb.)

Why not the holidays (christmas) then, which is always a hot period for
pushing new stuff to the consumer ? ...
plus G2 (english version) will have roughly 6 months of "shelf life" by then
and I would imagine that beyond that, a game tends to become a bit old
(by which I mean that the average gamer would have moved on quite a bit
to actually come back to replay an outdated game just for the addon).

Unless yours is more than an educated guess ?...
(Or you just feel like flexing your mean streak a bit these days )
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:09 am
jellylad
Village Leader
Village Leader

To play or to wait

Hmmm.

Thanks for the answers. Much apprreciated.

Its still a tough decision. I don't mind about it being too tough. In fact, the tougher the better! BUT I don't know if I can wait until early next year.
And I just don't think I will replay if I've completed it once.

Decisions, decisions....

Is there anything else coming out in the next month that I could waste my time on? When is Temple of Elemental Evil out?
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:11 am
duffman92654
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

ok i have a question is the addon gunna add to after you kill the last dragon or will it mainley just add quests
dont on if this has been asked

thnks duffman
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:25 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

The addon will give more quests yes, but also new guids, NPC's, new monsters and other stuff
Post Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:30 pm
Jabberwhacky
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

ToEE is slated for like the 23 I think. It just went gold a few days back.

Do NOT wait to play G2 with the addon. Maybe you should refrain from playing G2 through 3 times (once in each camp) but it's just dumb to not go through at least once. It's too good of a game to have sitting somewhere collecting dust. And trust me, you'll want to play through it again after finishing it, even without the addon.
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:13 am
chillingfields
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

@jellylad: Half-life 2 might be an option... (october 2nd, I believe)
Post Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:03 pm
jellylad
Village Leader
Village Leader

Thanks for all that.

Well I decided. I'm gonna try and not play G2 until the addon comes out and wait for TOEE to come out. Its tough cos I'm at home ill at the moment and have long days stretching before me.......
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:24 am
RobKob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

@jellylad

Even if you don't want to replay G2 after you've completed it once you shouldn't wait 'til the addon is released. Gothic II v2.5 is a totally new experience. The first two chapters are like a whole new game and the last four are like a heavily modified G2. Last but not least you can join another guild next time. And even though you like it tough you might be thankful for some G2 experience when you play v2.5. My advice: play G2 at least once.

@all

I am now in chapter 5 and I can say without reservations that Gothic II v2.5 is BETTER than Gothic. I couldn't say this about the original Gothic II.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 1:02 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

quote:
Originally posted by RobKob
Even if you don't want to replay G2 after you've completed it once you shouldn't wait 'til the addon is released. Gothic II v2.5 is a totally new experience. The first two chapters are like a whole new game and the last four are like a heavily modified G2. Last but not least you can join another guild next time. And even though you like it tough you might be thankful for some G2 experience when you play v2.5. My advice: play G2 at least once.

Exactly!
Itīs a whole new game. As the mage path now seems to be very hard it could be a good idea to play G2 as a mage and the add-on with a melee character.
Post Wed Sep 10, 2003 7:10 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3