Funny NPC's
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Funny NPC's

Post the funny NPC's you've met here. My favorite NPC so far is a Redguard named Din. you find him around ginisis. He is a imperial guard who went crazy because he got bit by a fish. He goes on and on about fishing and calls me "Slaughter fish" and when i ask ihm something he is very suspiscious that the evil slaughter fish (me) wil use it to conquer Vvanderful.

Now post your funny NPC's
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:21 am
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

Most npc's you find in Morrowind just aren't funny. They are mostly dull and generic. The only funny npc(s) I found were from an official mod where you were supposed to find a helmet of Kohan (or something) and you hooked up with two brothers (not THAT way, pervs) and they couldn't decide what to do so they started fistfighting over who got to decide. It looked like the Olympics in bitchslapping! I almost fell off my chair laughing. But so far noone has SAID anything funny. So far.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:25 am
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

The Orc who thinks he's a Khajiit in Ald Daedroth, bar none.

"Meow. Do you like my tail? I keep a surprise under my pillow for the sugar fairy."

Absolutely classic.

I DO wish the NPCs were more like Arcanum's, though. I liked how in that game, if you were a half-ogre everyone would insult you as soon as they saw you, but if you threatened them they turned into blithering idiots.

"Your presense is an affront, ogre-child."
"Rrawg!! Sogg Mead Mug CRUSH!!!"
"Blahbbll..."

But still, I personally think there's juuust enough variety of NPCage in Morrowind to keep me from dying. At least they panic when they see you have Corprus. Muaahaaa...

-Matt
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:24 am
FireAnt
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Is arcanum just online?
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:08 am
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

You can play online, but the best part (imo) of Arcanum is the massive singleplayer campaign. The world is bigger than Morrowind's - but then again, 80% of it is randomized forests.

Tarant is the biggest city I've ever seen in a videogame.

-Matt starts his day with an off-topic post!
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:45 pm
Legal_My_Deagle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i played that game, but i stopped after a day or 2 because i HATED the combat system. and the skills system was overly complicated i thought...but it wasnt nearly as bad as the combat system. and fighting got boring really fast. they have the same animations and stuff, and most of what i fought was just a bunch of hired ogre goons...i just got sick of it really fast. but PCgamer, my trusted magazine, said it is good. other people say it is good. is there some secret to enjoying the game? because i bought it and i still have it, and it sucks knowing i spent 50 bucks on something i played for a day...
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 8:57 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

You are right Fireteddy...

Arcanum is an excellent game, in SP, the MP is not very funny.

Anyway, i like the way that you mentioned, that the NPC's react different on who you are. I think there is nothing wrong with the combat system, you can choose to use turn based or real time combat. The turn based combat is more effective. Arcanum is very much like the Fallout games, since the lead developers of Fallout have developed Arcanum too.

Now to the point, i think the funniest NPC's in Morrowind is the two you mentioned, the Redguard with the slaugher fish bite. I told him i maybe could cure him with a spell. He answered something like: I have never heard of a slaugher fish that casts spells! The orc is also funny...

Last edited by Rawis on Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:28 pm
Fireteddy
City Guard
City Guard

Make sure you're in turn-based (or better yet fast turn-based) combat mode in the Game Options menu. Combat is insufferable in the default Real-time mode.

As to the skills system, yeah, it's tough, but it's a game balancing mechanism... it's literally impossible to create a god-like character in the game by powerleveling because the level cap forces you to choose one or two skills to become proficient in by the end of the game. And Master Trainers are really, really hard to find.

Then again, you don't really even have to worry about the skills if you're a pure Technologist or a pure Mage. Mostly fighters and thieves.

-Matt
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:31 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Also true...

And i have to add, i like that all the NPC's goes to sleep at a certain time! So that you can loot the house.
Post Fri Jun 28, 2002 9:33 pm
Legal_My_Deagle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

hmmm....your ideas interest me. fast turn based combat you say? well maybe the reason i hated it so much was because i was trying to play in real time...there are just too many buttons (at least starting out as a n00b in the game) to have fun fighting...ecspecially if you are a mage or something...by the time you select a spell in real time mode, the stupid ____ kills you lol...well how would you rate this game VS morrowind? i might consider thinking about making a commitment to play the game if it doesnt suck so much in fast turn based mode....and it sounds convincing that it has a chance to not suck
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:53 am