Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How do I open the gate to get into the temple? Lever in fron
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

I'm in the Orc Town and have found a gate that's closed that seems to lead to the temple but the lever in front of the gate doesn't work. Am I stuck? I wonder becaaue I didn't go back to Xardas after talking to Ur-Shak until after I got the Mumu from the Orc slave, and when i talked to him it gave me a quest to find a way to enter the sleeper temple, which i have already completed. So am i stuck?
Post Mon Dec 03, 2001 6:16 am

FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

This isn't complicated, but you got to make sure that you don't do this part 1 of the 2 ways.

1 way will make you regret doing it.
And the other way will make you extra glad.

Go find a chest in the Orc Town. You'll find an Orc Teleport spell there. But don't use it yet!!! You'll want it for after.

Right now, you should have 3 Orcs following you everywhere. Go down into the dungeons, open a dungeon, then walk into it. The Orcs should follow you in. Now shut the dungeon doors while they're all in there.

Now run up to where the 4 Orcs are praying. Hide in a corner, then use Telekenisis to get that statu down from the totem pole. The 4 Orcs will come to attack you, but when they pull out their weapons, the other orcs will attack them. So you're in the clear.

Now go back to that switch that doesn't work, and try it again. The idol opens the gate.

Later on, when you have to run all the way back to the Orc Town from Xarda's tower, you can use the Orc Teleport spell instead of running.
Post Mon Dec 03, 2001 1:03 pm