Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
access violation bs
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Do you actually care to help the people who are having techical difficultys?
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Author Thread

access violation bs

does anyone know if/when piranha is going to make a patch for this stupid access violation thing.. its really f'n annoying.. last night i got the game working SOMEHOW, and managed to get all the way to where i have to take the weed to gomez before i can become a templar... then my comp jams... so after spending all night, i reboot hoping the game will be working still.. and pow.. access violation kills me again
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:23 pm

Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

Of cure I do.
Because my title is 'the noble demon, and when I think something is when a game is good then wy not let ather people have fun?

Gothic II Credits
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:40 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

I do but I am not a good help expert. No actually I donīt know so much about anything exept to play the games. The only thing I can suggest to anyone is to download the 1.08k patch.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:45 pm
Freakie
The Noble Demon
The Noble Demon

quote:
Originally posted by DzD
I do but I am not a good help expert. No actually I donīt know so much about anything exept to play the games. The only thing I can suggest to anyone is to download the 1.08k patch.

Lol I help more with cheat's and general.

Gothic II Credits
Post Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:46 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

A lot of people care about your troubles but we are no technical experts, we are only gamers.
I, as a mod, read every single post in this forum and help whenever I can. Sometimes people simply expect too much. After 6 months posting in this forums Iīm sure itīs save to say that at least 90% of all problems are caused by corrupted or misconfigured drivers and windows. The other 10% are more complicated, the mss32.dll problems have the biggest share in this part. And sometimes there is simply no obvious reason why the game crashes.

Most of the problems can be fixed by updating all drivers, tweaking the virtual memory, disabling the w-buffer, fog-table emulation, disable fog in Gothic.ini or similar things...

Quite often people post here without including the necessary infos (or with far too many infos ). How shall we know if youīre running Win98 or XP, a Celeron 433 or a AthlonXP 1800, a serious graphics card or an integrated S3 POS? We are no clairvoyants.

Many people on the RPGDot boards are very helpful, but you shouldnīt expect miracles.
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:07 am
Joey Nipps
Orcan High Command
Orcan High Command

The simple and direct answer to your question is no - it is very unlikely at this point that PB is going to release a patch. We are all happy to help, but without more details we cannot do so. Have you emailed PB? They were quite helpful with my early problem and are likely to help you as well.
Post Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:53 am