Members
Usergroups
Gothic 2 addon: more details
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Garrett

Gothic 2 addon: more details

Koch Media, the German distributor for Gothic 2 and the addon, has released this infomation about the addon today, acc to <a href="http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc-spiele/adventure/13344/" target="_blank">Gamestar</a>:<blockquote><em>The addon offers three new guilds: The player can join the secret fighterguild of the water mages, move among bandits incognito or meet pirates. A new part of the upper world is now accessible, which consists mainly of mountains, swamps and coast regions. <br>The ruins of a long forgotten culture keep many secrets, which could endanger the world of Gothic 2. <br> <br>The main character wearing different armor effects the reaction of the NPCs now. If he does not wear the appropiate armor, the bandits attack him and vice versa you'll get into trouble when wearing a bandit's outfit in the city. <br> <br>More news: <br><li>Large swamp areas, hills, small forests, steppe, mountains, beaches, cliffs <br><li>Two new camps (pirates & bandits, more than 100 new NPCs overall) <br><li>Some dungeons (mine, temple ruins) <br><li>Size of the new landmass: ~ 30% of the whole world of Gothic 2 <br><li>New armor, monsters, weapons, music themes, spells...</em></blockquote>
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:39 pm
hoyp::.

Interesting......

I sure hope that an english version will be made.
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:39 pm

TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Ditto! ... I'd hate to miss the opportunity for more Gothic!
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:53 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

What would happen if you installed the German add on with the English version? Anyone for subtitles in translation?

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:02 am
curious
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i asked kairo about that and he said that you wouldn't want to since it would jumbled up the languages. But he didn't say that it would technically not work. I'm not sure if i can wait for an english version which may or may not come out. Even to just run around in the new lands would be worth the price alone. I can't imagine there's that much dialogue, more than the demo had yes but still probably not to difficult to translate. I'll help, though i know no german, save a few words
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:09 pm
Toaster
Bread Alert
Bread Alert

It surely looks good. Especialle the armor effects!

Tabbrowser Extensions
DictionarySearch
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:21 pm
DaZelair

AddOn

What if the addon would have multiplayer ? Sure it would be a diablo 2 killer ! Too pitty that the piranha boys doesn't have this in mind. Thus this, Gothic 2 would be immortal, like diablo series. And it is not too difficult to make multiplayer combat between characters.
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:17 pm