Usergroups
Gosh, what a great game !!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Stuart Booth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Okay, so I'm preaching to the converted here, but despite several hours with Gothic so far, I still keep going all drooly over the scenery and the game content. Nice job!

For some reason I missed this game beforehand, and it was only reading an rpg newsgroup a couple of weeks ago about Wizardy8 that my attention kept being drawn to Gothic. Thank the Sleeper I picked this one up purely based on the +ve comments on the n/g, as it's only now, having found this web site that I've been reading some reviews.

I especially love reading the comments about the scenery. I have to say I totally agree and that I often stop exploring just to admire the views.

Just now I was exploring the Old Mine, luring the Minecrawlers towards the Templars as I'm not tuff enough to take them on by myself yet, and I was well impressed when I saw the diggers start running too when I came steaming past with a gaggle of the crawlers at my back. Hehe. Great stuff.

I'm showing this game to everybody I know that's vaguelly interested at the moment. It's been a while since I've done that.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 2:40 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I agree
Post Sat Dec 29, 2001 9:19 pm
Chewriter
Village Leader
Village Leader

I'll third that. Many little things like I didn't pay protection money, but ended up getting into it with another digger outside the camp. When I got back to the O.C. a guard kicked my a** because the digger I fought with paid protection money. It's the best!
Post Sun Dec 30, 2001 11:18 pm