RPGDot Network    

Fallout: The Brotherhood of Steel (Xbox)
Display full image
Pic of the moment
More
pics from the gallery

Site Navigation

Main
   News
   Forums

Games
   Games Database
   Top 100
   Release List
   Support Files

Features
   Reviews
   Previews
   Interviews
   Editorials
   Diaries
   Misc

Download
   Gallery
   Music
   Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What was the original vision for Morrowind's combat system?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Namirrha
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

What was the original vision for Morrowind's combat system?

When I found out about Morrowind, it was rather late in development. Since then, I've heard talk about how the combat system was changed from its initial design. Could someone better informed explain what it was supposed to be like?
Post Sat May 11, 2002 8:45 pm
LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

Knowing nothing about this game at its development, i can only guess - and the guess is this: In Daggerfall (the previous game-allmost similar) you moved your mouse from left to right (or vice versa) and up to down or from corner to corner to make an attack. So a mousemovement from up to down would have been a chop and so on. IMHO that system should be in this game also, as now speed plays no part in your actual attack speed, i attack at the same rate when speed is at 20 as when its 100 - dull. Actually i've found no use for speed so far, it can be left to its starting value and use the poins for something usefull.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 11:30 pm
Lady Rae
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I didn't care for the Arena/Daggerfall system of fighting. I always wound up with a sore shoulder after only 10 straight hours of play.
Post Sat May 11, 2002 11:43 pm
LORD_LSD
City Guard
City Guard

Lady Rae
If your mouse was sensitive enough, a move of one millimeter to any direction would count as an attack, you do not actually have to do the whole movement to perform the attack. Or maybe you just orientated to the game too deeply? Personally i find that this game is more taxing to my mouse than Daggerfall, so i've tried to bind attack/use to a key, but it's impractical at times. I wish i could have 2 options on every function...
Post Sat May 11, 2002 11:55 pm