Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Why is the thieves guild too good for me?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Nogame
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Why is the thieves guild too good for me?

I've been playing for a while now, and I'm more of a fighter than anything else. Since I've got over 200k I've trained a lot of my misc. skills over 50. Which includes anything that has something to do with thieving.

However, the thieves guild "...has their standards, and I do not meet them." So those bastards just won't let me in! Could it be because I wear a lot of heavy armor, or because my light armor skills are low? Could it be because I am in a rival guild?

I've got all the money in the world, and it would be easy as sin for me to level up certain skills to meet the requirements, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Anyone else solve a problem similar to this? Perhaps with a different guild? I'm starting to wonder if a Vampire would bite me and go "ehh, you smell like shit" and then I'm screwed again.

fanx
Post Sat May 18, 2002 1:43 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

If you've done most of the fighter quests in Balorma, the thieves guild won't have anything to do with you I believe. Actually... I think that if you look in the construction set at the reputation modifiers... for every rank of fighter you increase, your rep with the thieves guild goes down by one or more. Same with the imperial legion. It seems mercanaries and the imperial guards don't like pickpockets and burglars.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Sat May 18, 2002 3:51 pm
Nasarius
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

According to data in the editor, the only requirements for joining the Thieves Guild are 30 Agility and 30 Personality.
I doubt that you don't have these at a high level, so...it must be something like what EverythingXen said.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 2:17 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Nasarius
According to data in the editor, the only requirements for joining the Thieves Guild are 30 Agility and 30 Personality.
I doubt that you don't have these at a high level, so...it must be something like what EverythingXen said.

Solution is to stay the same high rank in Fighters and Thieves guild, it's working for me.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 2:24 am