Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Lost the Astral Dominae (bug?) now what?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
billmarrs

Lost the Astral Dominae (bug?) now what?

I've played through most of the game now, I was at ascension peak, using the 3 artifacts, but when I got to the astral dominae it turns out I don't have it anymore?!

I'd gotten it from the Rattkin Razuka leader eons ago... and had just left it in my inventory, but now it's gone. I checked some old save games, and found it in one that was 12 days old (a lot of game play! 10 pages of journal worth).

Playing around with that old save, it appears to be very hard to lose it. The game wont let you drop it and when you hand it to an NPC, they give it back to you ("You may need this"). So, I don't know how I lost it.

I especially don't know where I lost it! This is a big game world...

In desperation, after looking in several places for it, I tried using the Trainer to cheat it back into my inventory but the Trainer just causes my game to exit. I seem to have the patched version of the game (game disks say V 1.2.4 on them), so maybe the trainer doesn' t work with them.

I did find a finalsave game on the net and played that to see the ending... but, I'd still like to play it with my characters... there'sa small part that I'm missing.

Any ideas?

-bill
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:10 pm

dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Wow. Does that suck... It's probably a corrupt save file. I haven't heard anyone else having this problem. I can think of only one other possibility, and I'm not sure even that one works.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

I think that the game will allow you to drop the AD in a couple places. One, for certain, is that you can put "restricted" (stuff the game doesn't want you to drop) items into chests. If you've been using a chest to store things, you might check there. The spoiler one is that I think you can use the AD for the swap when you get the Chaos Moliri from the Mook. You're supposed to use the fake AD to replace the CM, but I think it will take the real AD as well. Not sure about that second idea...

Hope this helps a little.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sun Jun 23, 2002 8:16 pm
billmarrs

thanks

Well, I checked and I did use the fake Astral Dominae for the mook switch.
I also cheked back with the Razuka, slaughtered them to be sure, and they didn't have it either.

I never used a chest to store stuff, though it's possible that I somehow clicked on one while I was trying the Astral Dominae on something/someone else.

So... I'm going to give up and de-install the game. I played most of it, and I managed to play the endgame via that finalsave I found on the 'net. So, it was darn close.

Thanks for the reply.
-bill
Post Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:22 am