Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Can't find Goblin Berry & Which Apprenticeship to Pick?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Can't find Goblin Berry & Which Apprenticeship to Pick?

The character is really rolling along and I'm enjoying this game a lot. But...now...is there a great location to where I can find Goblin Berry? I've looked all over places I've been to in the game and some new locations too and I can't find any. Thanks for the answer.

I am also at the point where I need to pick the bowman or locksmith or potions guy for apprenticeship. Any pros/cons you would like to share on each? Thanks.

The apprenticeship doesn't have anything to do with which Guild you end up in does it? I think I would like the Rogue course but drawing to the militia/Paladin seems easiest.

Where is this secret library? Point come to few and far between and some battles can be tough because of it. I did discover how I could draw some of the lizards across the water into town and let the guards take 'em out...with my help. Also used this technique with the huge Orc in the cave right outside the east gate...although after playing it many times to avoid myself still getting killed I settled for leaving Mike dead--sorry Mike.

I picked up a key that I assumed opened the chests in the Harbor Warehouse...However the description of the key leads me to think it might be for something else and I never tried the chests in this warehouse until after I had the key. There is a door right off the ocean near the docs that still won't open and there are other doors around the place that say I need the right key.

Thanks.
Post Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:02 am
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

No, your apprenticeships all end in the Militia path. It's just which skills you want your character to specialize in. You shouldn't be looking for the secret library until chapter 5.
I would suggest Bosper the Bowmaker as an apprenticeship. He's in bad need of an apprentice anyway, but it's your choice.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:58 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Are you looking for goblin berry for constantino? Talk to Zuris first, ask him about potions and that should lead to constantino's herbs. After you talk to him one of each plant except kings sorrel spawns outside the east gate, including goblin berry.

You can join any guild you like if you take apprenticeship, it just guarantees you can join the militia. I agree with mageoffire though, Bosper is the best one. You get more money in the long run.

What's the description of the key you have a question about?

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:41 pm
Elverath
Village Leader
Village Leader

the key you get off the guy in the warehouse opens the chests in the warehouse which has a package of swampweed that you can either give to lord andre as part of a militia quest or to cipher the mercenary.
Mamas gonna bury it the backyard

-Stans mom
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:44 pm
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Old and New Questions...

quote:
Originally posted by jmurdock
Are you looking for goblin berry for constantino? Talk to Zuris first, ask him about potions and that should lead to constantino's herbs. After you talk to him one of each plant except kings sorrel spawns outside the east gate, including goblin berry.

You can join any guild you like if you take apprenticeship, it just guarantees you can join the militia. I agree with mageoffire though, Bosper is the best one. You get more money in the long run.

What's the description of the key you have a question about?

Okay, I've previously talked to Constatino--yes that is why I'm looking for goblin berry--the only one I'm missing for the quest--which I want to complete before I start the apprenticeship with the the bowman Bosper. I've also talked to Zuris and looked at his wares and bought at least one of the missing herbs either from him or one of the other merchants in the Marketplace or in the lower end that I might have sold too before I knew what I was looking for. This leaves the goblin berry still outstanding. I've been out the east gate many times now and picked everything up there. Before I got the quest I may have eaten the goblin berry once even. If that is the case do they still _respawn_ and if so does that respawning maybe take several days??

Does fighting and refighting the guy in town Aikens(sp? that's the diet but I think the fighters name is kinda like it?) do any good??

I need the lock picking skill since there are several chests and doors that I can't open. The doors in town and in particular the one accessed below the docks from the ocean say I need a certain key. I suppose I will get keys by pickpocketing certain people later on when I get the skill??

I'm trying to work the baddies outside the lighthouse but they so far are to great a foe and won't follow me back down to town so I can't deal with them yet like I did with some of the lizards and the giant orc in the cave just east of town.

Lastly, the key I got off the guard in the storehouse/warehouse is described simply as Storehouse Key. Someone else mention that all this key did was open the chests you find in the storehouse. A better description for me would have been "chests in storehouse key" I guess. ... I have the package of weed. ... I talked to the water pipe guy and have apple tobacco but have not figured out how to combine the two to make a better tobacco using an alchemy lab station--an obvious future quest?? No one else is interested in the weed.

I suspect I need to become an apprentice so I can join the militia so I can enter the upper quarter and that then the Theives Guild will take more interest in me??

I am holding off becoming an apprentice until I find the goblin berry to finish Constantino's quest.

BTW, I have two failed quests at this point. I don't think this is bad as both show successfully completed associated quests. One is not getting any 50 gold pieces from Baltram because I gave the shipment instead to the thiefs guild contact. The other was because although I recovered Jora's gold from Rengaru I elected not to collect a reward for it.

Well, that's all for now. I may be wrong but I think Constantino's quest for all the herbs will fail once I become the bowman's apprentice so I need the goblin berry to finish that. I can't do anything with Andre at this point--no choices open yet--although I have agreed to help him uncover the Thieves Guild--but I don't think I will do that even when I can since I'm leaning toward rogue work.

Well, I appreciate all the time you or any of you take to answer and work on these questions. The game is one of the great ones IMO so far. Thanks.
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:26 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

quote:
Originally posted by MageofFire
No, your apprenticeships all end in the Militia path. .

Are you sure about this?'Cause I am an apprentice of Bosper and I just need to have a chat with Lee, to become a mercenary.
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:29 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

@Flora Steel

There's goblin berries all over the place. There's one for sure near the tavern. There's one by Lobarts farm near to the Kings Sorrell. The writers of the game tended to hide them in foliage. There's also one in front of a cave on the way to Onar's farm. There's also one up by the black troll.

Unfortunately herbs don't respawn.

You just win the guy's money.

Yeah, some are given to you. You can pickpocket the rest.

The bandits in the lighthouse are best defeated by bow or xbow. Run out shoot a few times, run back, heal. repeat

The weed package belongs to Cipher on Onar's farm. Give to him and he will vote for you. After you learn your first potion blend tobacco with honey and bring back to Abuyin for some experience.

The only thing you have to do for the thieves to take notice is turn one of them in. You can also make deals with all of them and be invited in. Kardif at the pub in the harbor will let you know when Atille wants to talk to you. The last thing to be invited for you to do is the bandits raids. You find a funny looking fish, open it, read the note, and talk to the fishmonger.

Actually Constantino's quest stays for a while after you choose your master. He doesn't care who you sign up with. You still get xp for finding the stuff.

As far as finding the thieves for Andre. Lots of people joined thieves, got what they could from them and killed them anyway. Your choice.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:47 pm
Flora Steel
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
quote:
Originally posted by MageofFire
No, your apprenticeships all end in the Militia path. .

Are you sure about this?'Cause I am an apprentice of Bosper and I just need to have a chat with Lee, to become a mercenary.

This was a very misleading statement for me and ultimately lead to joining the militia, which I'll bet most people fall into too, rather then continuing to explore the mercenaries and mages quests more. And this was after a friend warned me not to jump into the milita too. But it doesn't matter much because I think the Paladin route is the one I prefer in any case and it hasn't hurt and likely won't hurt gameplay any.
Post Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:09 pm