FATE: Review @ RPG Codex
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

FATE: Review @ RPG Codex

RPG Codex's St Proverbius has kicked out a <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=121" target="_blank">review</a> of WildTangents's action rogue-like, FATE. Since there's no score as usual, here's the conclusion:<blockquote><em>While there are faults with the game, and while it is fairly simple in a lot of areas, there is enough substance to keep you wanting to try one more thing. The flexibility of the character system often lends itself to trying out skill combinations such as a summoning character that runs around with dual swords, a bow expert that uses hex style magical attacks, and so forth. With retirement options, once you get tired of one build type, it's easier to get a leg up on the next one you want to try.</em></blockquote>
Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:35 pm
Lucky Day

Is Fate Spyware?

Thanks for being a giver. You've made some people happy SP.
Post Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:36 pm

corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

To the best of my knowledge, NO. However, it does have problems with programs like Spybot which thinks it is. WARNING: If you try the game, like it and buy it, be very careful when you run Spybot. If you let it fix or delete any files pertaining to the game, the game will NO LONGER run, even with a total re-install. There is a way to fix that by restoring the files through Spybot, but best to avoid the problem.

I thought the review was excellent and fair, and as someone also playing the game, I endorse everything St P wrote. It's a totally enjoyable and relatively inexpensive way to have some fun. Give it a try!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:32 am
Lucky Day

Corwin, I disagree. My comment was to SP on his review for mentioning it.

The company admits to installing a program which tracks your hardware and sending hte information to themselves. That constitutes spyware.

Take a gander on their own forums and do a search on Spyware with them and you get some amazing answers on this.
Post Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:14 pm

Falooed

Spies

Since we are getting technical here if the company admits they are looking at your hardware info it is not spyware. Spies don't tell you they are stealing secrets, they spy.
Post Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:24 am

flippet

don't be ridiculous, it installs it without your consent, that defines spyware whether they admit it on a forum or not. If there was an agreement button you had to tick then it would not be spyware.
Post Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:30 pm