building up strength...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
knutsack
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

building up strength...

Firstly, many thanks to all who answered my earlier query about using the teleport runes, I appreciate it. Now on to my next prob, which I will keep as short as posssible while explaining it. I'm currently a level 21 member of the militia, with my dexterity at around 82, and my strength at 63. I have an amulet that gives me a strength boost of 15, and a ring that gives me an extra 5 strength. None of the blacksmiths in town can teach me anymore strength, and while I've got all the jewelry on, Toris, the militia blacksmith, couldn't teach me either (he caps at 60), so I've taken all the jewelry off, so now my strength is down to 48, and when I go back to Toris to gain strength, I've lost the option to talk to him, all I get is the (END) option in the dialogue box. So now I have 45 LP's and no way of increasing my strength that I am aware of...have I screwed myself by waiting too long to go and see Toris (I gained most of my exp in the mines area). The paladins won't teach me, and there's nobody at the castle in the mine area that teaches strength...I can't find anybody at the monastery either, and the mercenaries won't help unless I join them. Please help....and can someone tell me where I can find a blacksmith to repair the Eye of Innos? Many thanks for your patience and help.
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:06 am
Sasa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Ok, read here buddy. Go and pray to Inos and give him 100 GOLD
coins. Once a day you will have +1 to strength or +4 to live. That is
the best way to get strength. And you can keep your exp. for other
things.

Ex elf... and if you don't belive, go ask Feanor

By the way... Boo!!!! Scared? No?
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:33 am
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

there's a guy (think he's called brutus or something close to that) in the castle in the colony who'll train strength up to 60 i think but you need to give him 200 gold

having not played militia yet, i can't completely confirm this but i've heard that you can train strength with the militia blacksmith mortis but only as long as you haven't done all the militia quest given to you by lord andre
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:40 pm
Aphazel
A Shadow of My Own Self
A Shadow of My Own Self

Militia you say? Why don't try becoming a Paladin then?
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:51 pm
Punter X
Village Leader
Village Leader

well as long as you've freed bennet first

oh and i forgot to mention (in relation to the original question) that you can go to bennet (merc blacksmith on onar's farm) to repair the eye
Post Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:44 pm
Orc Hunter 06
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

once you free bennet and get him to repair the eye i think you can become a paladin (not sure cause i havent played paladin yet, but thats what i read somewhere) so go free bennet and get him to repair the eye and become a paladin then you will have more people who are able to teach you strength even higher than 60
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:43 pm