Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
HELP for Mage Guild 2nd mission, BUG????
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Pete

HELP for Mage Guild 2nd mission, BUG????

I cannot complete the 2nd mission in Balmora Mage guild. I am asked if I delivered the fake soul gem for the desk(I did), but I cannot answer the question. I am jammed!!! What to do??
Post Sun May 12, 2002 3:01 pm

weregamer

Huh?

What do you mean by "you cannot answer the question"?

When you talk to Ajirra [sp?], and use the keyword for the quest, she should ask "Did you do it" and you should get two or three red choices at the bottom of the dialog window, which you can click on. In fact, just as always when there are red options at the bottom of the dialog window, you can't do anything else (except maybe hit the "goodbye" button, I've never tried that) until you answer.

If your problem is that clicking on an answer doesn't work, yes you have a severe bug that apparently hasn't ever hit anyone else.

If your problem is that "yes" is not available as an option, you haven't correctly completed the quest. You must put the fake gem *in* the desk, not *on* it, and probably must remove the real gem from inside the desk - I've never tried any other way since it's the clear intent of her job to screw up Galbedir's research.
Post Sun May 12, 2002 4:16 pm

Shadowspawn

Same problem

Actually I've got the exact same problem. I was able to place the fake soulstone on the desk while that mage was gone, but now everytime I go to Adjira she asks if I put it there yet. This was early on in the game. I've since completed all the thieves quests (stopped at the getting the code book for the fighters guild [can't decide if I want to kick that girls ass or not yet]), and now I'm thinking of just forgetting being in the mages guild altogether.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 1:54 pm

Lisje
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I have a thought. Often the game checks your inventory before giving quest options. I DIDN'T take the other gem - but I had the same type of gem in my inventory. If you took it and sold it before returning to her, perhaps that's why the option isn't there.

Of course, you do have the option of doing Edwina's quests from the Ald'Hrun guild - actually, by the time you finish the easy ones in Balmora, you may not like the higher quests the advanced trainer there gives (you were told she was a problem right at the start by Caius) and you'll have to do all of Edwina's anyway.

Same for the fighter's guild - don't like the ones at one 'chapter'? Find the steward in another town!
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 3:01 pm
Guest Dare

I think I can help here.

I'm betting that you simply dropped the fake gem "ON" the desk right?
You have to "open" the desk (with spacebar when its name is shown) and put the fake gem in there. I also removed the real gem but I do not know if you need to do that, it just seemed to make sense to me.

I tried to drop the item "on" the desk my first try too.
Post Mon Jun 03, 2002 3:33 pm