Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Blank mp3 to get rid of music while walking around.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Sage
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Blank mp3 to get rid of music while walking around.

http://web.sabi.net/blank-small.mp3
Does anyone know which file to replace?
Post Wed May 15, 2002 11:13 pm
Sage
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You know what would be funny if someone could edit this file and have it scream at then "behind you"
Post Wed May 15, 2002 11:21 pm
Joey999
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thanks Mage, I got your post in my original topic. The path for the music files is:

C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Music\Explore

There's actually seven files. I think mx_exlore_3 is the one that drives me the most nuts. That's the one that I've got in head all the time. I'm seriously thinking of putting some light classical in their place. For now, the blank will do.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 12:29 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Joey999
Thanks Mage, I got your post in my original topic. The path for the music files is:

C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Music\Explore

There's actually seven files. I think mx_exlore_3 is the one that drives me the most nuts. That's the one that I've got in head all the time. I'm seriously thinking of putting some light classical in their place. For now, the blank will do.

I just posted this in another thread but I will post here too to make sure everyone that wants to know can see it.. You don't have to "replace" any files or anything..simply delete the ones you do not like or all of them. If you hate battle music, delete the ones in the battle directory..if you hate only some of the explore music, run the mp3's in the explore directory in a mp3 player and delete the ones you don't like. I just tested this and it works. In fact I deleted all the files in the explore directory and put a few songs there and it worked great.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 5:03 am
Zaal
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Thanks. Those files were starting to drive me nuts.

Zaal

Yes, that's my face; I'm constipated.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 5:38 am
Joey999
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Just a followup here.

As I said before, I like having the battle music, because it sometimes gives me advance warning that something's about to attack.

Shifter suggested that you can just move the offending files to another location, which I did. Here's the catch: If you leave the battle files in place as I did, you'll still need to put that blank MP3 in the "explore" folder. The reason is that once you get into a battle, the battle music doesn't stop! It just goes on and on. By putting the blank MP3 in the explore folder, it will default back to no music after a battle. Ahhhh, blessed silence! Now if I can just get the explore music out of my head, I'll be fine.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 7:57 pm
HydroSqueegee
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

weird... ive never noticed the music before...
Post Sun May 19, 2002 8:05 pm
SlitherSly
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

This is slightly off topic, but I just find it amusing that people get so passionate over software pirating and say nothing about downloading mp3's, and I'm sure that just about everyone has some.
Post Sun May 19, 2002 8:33 pm