Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Question about bishops (possible spoiler)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

Question about bishops (possible spoiler)

Hello everyone.

I recently came into posession of a valuable Raven's Bill spear, in my first visit to Trynton, no less. I don't mind the initiative penalty so much - we have the Haste spell and high Speed scores all around - but the HP drain might prove to be a little annoying outside of battle.

So, my plan is to keep it in my Valk's inventory while we're walking around, then use a turn to equip it when we get into battle. The only problem is removing it afterwards.

Here's the question: I have a Bishop in my party as my sole pure magic character, and her free remove curse ability would be perfect for this purpose. What level does she need to be to be able to remove it successfully? For the record, she is now level 9, and it doesn't work.

Thanks a million.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:01 am
otter
One of Us

Well, i've never measured that, but there is another solution to the -1 regen:
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E
Crock sells Amulets of Healing, they give 3AC, +1 HP and 50% vs. Divine.
Did you kill the Chief for that? or Where did it drop? (i PP'd it from the Chief on the old patches)
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:38 am
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hmmm, that's funny. I've never noticed Croc selling those before. I'll give it a try.

As for where I found it, it's actually pretty strange. I was just on my way back after doing the Rattkin quest and getting Madras. I consider it too dangerous to use the lift in the Rattkin Tree; I always end up getting crushed or taking massive falling damage.

I got into a fight with some plants, and a useless Trynnie patrol came in to help. One of them got beat up pretty bad, and was poisoned somewhere along the line. He fled for his life, and after I won the battle, I went after him. I think the poison must have killed him, because all I found was a bag of items with a potion and an unidentified halberd. My Bishop couldn't see what it was, even with like 60 skill in artifacts, so I knew it HAD to be good. Sure enough, it was.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:05 am
faxon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

level 4 uncurse 4 my bishop

my bishop was uncursing items around level 7 i think... she's at 9 now.
i've only had one item to uncurse (which needs to be on someone to uncurse it, and you uncurse the person it's on) and it seemed to work fine. maybe it depends on the object your uncursing...
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 12:58 am
Chromium
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

**Minor Spoiler**

I ran into something similar. I found a Staff of Doom (cursed, hp drain) and equipped it, but my bishop couldn't uncurse it. She was about lv12 or something at that time. I kept the staff and tried again when she came to about lv15 or 16, and this time it worked. Seems the power of a bishop's uncurse ability increases with level (at least that's what I believe). Oh, and by the way, amulets of healing aren't the only goodies with hp regen
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:15 am
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well, my Bishop still can't do it, but I bought an amulet of healing, so it's ok now. Yes, there are other items with HP regen, but most of them are ultra-rare.

God damn. This spear kicks ass. It's a shame she can't use her sling anymore, though.
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:48 am
Chromium
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You bought one already? Those cost a fortune, don't they? Nobody seemed to have mentioned it, but one can be *found* (and not too far into the game, either.) It's a spoiler (kind of) but if you're interested...
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:55 am
shai_aus
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well, it cost over 12,000 gold, which was pretty bad. But I'm always interested in the possibility of getting another one...
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 8:12 am
otter
One of Us

Money doesn't have to be an issue if you have anyone with the Alchemy skill--you can mix up half a mil in a few 'game' days mixing potions.
There're a couple of threads about potion formulas...
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 11:21 pm