Hi Im new and I have 3 questions...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Elverath
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hi Im new and I have 3 questions...

1.) My dragon Hunter is ready to board the ship to the island but I dont have the heavy dragon hunter armor yet and im about 10k short of being able to buy it. where can I go to get some more money to buy it? I was thinking maybe I could go kill some more orcs around the castle and put my points into lockpick and go pick every chest Ive been to before but havent been able to open. If so where can I buy alot of lockpicks? I already have high dex though because im also very good with a crossbow, not just my sword.

2.) With my militia character, when do I get heavy militia armor?

3.) Why cant I turn in the thieves guild? I killed atilla behind the fish shop, then went down into the sewer and met cassia. she gave me an initiation quest but when I go to lord andre I dont have the option to turn them in. And the char im trying this with is in the militia. And in chapter 2.

thanks for the help
Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:27 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

1)Sell all your NOT needed weapons,armors,skins,runes,valueable items.Lockpicketing chests will not help you.You will never find such an amount of gold inside or selling the items from the chests.Also try killing some Orc-Elites.Their swords have high prices.
The only thing you can do is to bit upi people and take their stuff.
Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:36 pm
Elverath
Village Leader
Village Leader

Why do I have 16 views and only 1 reply? come on guys I really need to know #3. this is killing me. I dont know how to do it. Heeeeeeelp please!
Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:33 pm
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Ok, remember Lord Andre said you could turn the little guys in but once you found the headquarters, you'ld have to fight it out yourself? Bingo. Don't tell him about the hideout if you want the experience though, he'll send militia down there and you won't get credit for doing them in.

As for Heavy militia armor, you can buy from Engor in the castle in the VoM.

REMEMBER... Many saves, many slots!!!
Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:19 pm
Elverath
Village Leader
Village Leader

Ignore #1 now. I just spent two hours killing things and getting dragon eggs and animal hides to sell. All the orcs sieging the castle are dead now. Too bad I cant tell garond about it.

Thanks Jmurdock but its not even an option to tell him that I found the hideout. Im worried that I wont even be able to tell him if I did kill all the thieves. I think I may have missed somethinge earlier in the game. Because I turned in rengaru without asking him who he is and I didnt ask Jora for a share of the gold so he didnt tell me that If I wanted any money I would have to find and take care of all the theives.
Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:30 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

I just did the quest a little while ago. I don't ask Jora for part of the gold cause he always just says turn the thief in if you want gold. I didn't ask Rengaru who he was either so that's not a factor. I didn't join the guild though, just went in and killed them. But it seems I remember once joining and still being able to report back to Andre. The option to Lord Andre is something like 'about the thieves guild...'.

So, how far back WAS your last save? It might be a bug. I have been sooooo lucky not to run into some of the bugs I've read about here.

One time, as a mage, I found the guild without getting the quest from Andre and the same thing happened. Are you sure Andre gave you the quest? It might be silly to ask but there it is.

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:31 am
Elverath
Village Leader
Village Leader

No I never got the quest from andre. After the second swampweed quest Im not able to ask him for anymore assignments.
Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:53 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

Oh well, you could kill them anyway and get their loot or stay a member and get their quests from them. Either way, you can't turn them in to Andre. He only gives you the quest if you ask for a faster way into the militia.

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:53 am
Elverath
Village Leader
Village Leader

I think you just helped me alot without realizing it. thanks.
Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:58 am
jmurdock
Old Fogey
Old Fogey

You're welcome?

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:03 am
Elverath
Village Leader
Village Leader

Just in case you were wondering, this is what helped me -

"He only gives you the quest if you ask for a faster way into the militia"

thanks again. Im going to sleep. its almost 4:00 in the morning here! goodnight!
Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:10 am