Usergroups
blank screen in inventory
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Taliesin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Whenever I go into my inventory and I'm in a category that has any items in it, or if I'm looting a corpse or a chest that has items, the entire screen goes gray except for the inventory slots, and the bottom-most item in the category. So I can't see any of the other items or my surroundings. I'm running win2k and have a Radeon 7500 and Athlon 1.33ghz. Any ideas?
Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 9:12 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

I think some other people have had problems with Radeon cards, search the forums, you'll find several topics on it.
Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:13 am
Taliesin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, I looked through the entire forum as thoroughly as I could and while I did see a number of people having issues with Radeons, none matched my problem. Everything in the game works flawlessly except for this one problem. A few other people mentioned having similar issues, but none with the same video card (some were even using Geforces I think). I am using the latest official ATI drivers for this card under win2k and Gothic 108k. Its frustrating having the game work so flawlessly except for this one small thing that completely cripples my ability to play
Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:19 am

I have the same problem, and I am using Radeon 7200.
Post Thu Feb 28, 2002 8:11 pm

I have a radeon 64DDR (is that a 7200 or a 7500?) Radeon rules!.... except when a game wants fog. You see the same greyish color in the distance, depending on your visible range settings in the game. Someone in another topic said that we have to disable W-buffer support in the d3d tab of the ATi settings to fix the inventory. He mentioned another nasty problem that will appear, but was kind enough NOT to mention what kind of problem. Well I'm gonna find out now!

L8er!
Sephiroth
Post Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:16 am

dyson214
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

heh heh, i too have the non-empty inventory screen blanking issue.

*hopefully* i have it no more though. the w-buffer support disabling seems to have worked on my

athlonXP 1533
512 2100ddr
aiw radeon (first version w 32ddr)
on soltek sl75drv2 mboard
win2k no sp nor compat updates!
february 14th radeon driver i believe

am playing now and wonder just what "nasty problem" this fix does have.
Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:47 am

disabling the W-buffer didnt work i have Win xp, radeon 7200, all up to date drivers
Post Mon Mar 18, 2002 9:27 am