Members
Usergroups
Can't join Thieves Guild
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
jet_lith

Can't join Thieves Guild

Do you need to be a certain level? My character is a lvl 2 theif, and it says that I cannot join yet.

Thanks in advance!

Jim
Post Thu May 09, 2002 6:39 am

Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

Good question. When I tried to join it let me..but I don't know what level I was or anything...

Oh wait..If I'm not mistaken the only requirements to join are like 30 agility and 30 personality..
Post Thu May 09, 2002 7:26 am
Radix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I was level 2 when I joined the guild in Balmora. I talked to the Sugar Lips and she said I had some potential and ability to be a thief. As Shifter said, it may be only a stats requirement like agility and personality.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 1:46 pm
jet_lith

still can't join

Strange eh? Sugar Lips says to me "We have our standards, Wood Elf, And you do not meet them"

My stats are: Str: 31, Int: 40, Will: 30, Ag:63, Spd:64, End: 30, Pers: 40, Lck: 40

My sneak skill is 46, and Security 35. Light armor 48 and Short Sword 40.

Seems I should be fine, no??? Could it be because I had already joined the Fighter's Guild?? This is frustrating!

Thanks for your replies,

Jim
Post Thu May 09, 2002 3:32 pm

Radix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Either Sugar Lips doesn't like wood elves or you may have done something that made her mad and she won't let you in. Have you killed anyone in town? Have you done quests or made friends that Sugar Lips doesn't approve of? I am finding out that in Morrowind, any action you do whether small or big, has an action.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 3:53 pm
Kalin

I think there is a faction issue between the fighters guild and the theives guild.

SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>>>

there is a fighter's guild quest to kill sugar lips, if i am not mistaken.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 5:04 pm

jet_lith

maybe that's it

I have done thieves guild quests... and probably did kill a thief or something. I doubt sugar lips has something against wood elves, because isn't she one as well? I look just like a male version of her.

That sucks if because I did something I cannot join now. All the good training I need is from them! May be time to start over

If it is because I killed someone do you think there's any way out of this other than starting? I tried bribing sugar lips up to 70+, but she still wouldn't let me join.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 9:53 pm

jet_lith

correction

I have done fighters guild quests.... (not thieves!)
Post Thu May 09, 2002 10:09 pm

Hyperion
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: maybe that's it

quote:
Originally posted by jet_lith
I have done thieves guild quests... and probably did kill a thief or something. I doubt sugar lips has something against wood elves, because isn't she one as well? I look just like a male version of her.

That sucks if because I did something I cannot join now. All the good training I need is from them! May be time to start over

If it is because I killed someone do you think there's any way out of this other than starting? I tried bribing sugar lips up to 70+, but she still wouldn't let me join.

Suger Lips is a Khajiit if I remember correctly. Haven't seen her in a while though.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 11:01 pm
Rune

Thieves Guild

Hmmm, that's a poser. I'm in the thieves guild, the fighters guild, the mages guild and the Imperial Cult. I am also a Wood Elf.

I'm at a point in my fighter's guild advancement that what I do next will make the thieves angry with me. I'll just hold off on it untill I can obtain their objective in a manner that will not be noticed (ie. get my thieving skills high enough to steal the item they want me to obtain).

Why you cannot join is something I don't know. At level 2 it's hard to believe you've managed to kill anyone of enough consequence to matter.
Post Thu May 09, 2002 11:18 pm

Radix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes, Sugar Lips is a Khajiit - and my nightblade character happens to be a Khajiit - so that may have something to do with her liking me right off the bat when I talked to her.

Do not start over, there HAS to be a way to get in. Perhaps you should go around stealing/pickpocketing some stuff to win her favor. Maybe you need to prove yourself. Or try to join the Cammona Tong, the Thieve's Guild rival in Balmora. Or killing one of the Cammona Tong's members will turn her around. It's a risk, though, as it may damage your reputation if you are caught. I am sure there are more ways then just walking up to Sugar Lips and talking to her to join the guild. The fun is finding out what.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 1:52 am
Shifter
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Kalin
I think there is a faction issue between the fighters guild and the theives guild.

there is a fighter's guild quest to kill sugar lips, if i am not mistaken.

I'm in the Thieves, Mage, Fighters, Blades..and uh..another group..so that's not it.
Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:33 am
igu1

You try bribes to get your faction up?
Post Fri May 10, 2002 3:44 am