SWG: April Letter To The Community From John Smedley
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Moriendor
Black Ring Leader
Black Ring Leader

SWG: April Letter To The Community From John Smedley

Not sure if this one is different from the one we have already linked to in some 'EverQuest II' newsbit (don't think so... it's pretty generic and prolly the same) or from the one that has surfaced on EQLive (the official site for the original 'EverQuest') but, anyway, if you haven't had your daily dosis of lies yet then you might want to get your fix now by checking out John Smedley's (President of SOE's US division) <a href="http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=communityrelations&message.id=5096#M5096" target="_blanK">April Letter</a> to the community.
Post Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:31 pm
Jestor Rodo
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh Smedley The real letter revealed - Love that Jestor!

Hello Everyone ( except all the folks that we prema-game banned in the past year),

First off, We are now the second largest MMPOG US based company after WoW. Due to our efforts to totally disreguard our customer base and alienate them as well we must now try harder. Our " Ban them all and let them beg to come back" scenio, as in the infamous credit dupe has backfired on us, I am afraid that we may have overstated our own importance and even abused our authority.

Secondly , Our High and Mighty Forum stance has also failed , Our mindset that "We are Number 1 , deal with it" motto was not enough to deal with the willy nilly WoW recruitment that occurred on all of our games forum servers. As you know, the banning of such discussion after months of allowing it has made us appear weak and afraid especially after Nov 12 th ( The Day SOE cried , as if now known around the office). There were a handful of forum users that stood up for our games but they went unrewarded and in some strange cases we even prema-game banned them too. Once again, an abuse of our own authority.

Lastly , Our success with UNTOLD LEGENDS™: BROTHERHOOD OF THE BLADE™ being NUMBER ONE AT GAMESTOP AND EB GAMES. This is good news and bad news . First, The PSP is a Sony product and so this was a big dog bone thrown by them to us and although its the only highlight that I have to take to the next SONY board meeting , I am sure that the board will notice the fact that one of the major reason for its success is their is no CSR or GM involved in its gameplay. Ladies and Gentlemen , your jobs are on the line.

Thanks,

John (When am I going to change my last name)Smedley.
Post Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:14 pm